Help! I need of serious tanning advice!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamorousAngel

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Well I don't quite know where to start! I did a spray tanning course last year and so far have only ever done myself and friends. Whilst the tans are ok, they are by no means perfect and I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing.

I have read countless posts on here and found out stuff that I didn't even learn on my training day.

First of all my course was in a lady's kitchen, Then we read through the computer manual, then I sprayed her neighbour and teenage daughter. I didn't wear gloves or apply barrier cream. She said she could tell straight away that I would be able to do it and to just go and practise. It took about 3 hours.

I have also had to throw away a lot of solution as it had gone off and feel now that I would have preferred the maxi mist to the T200.

The lady was very nice but with all the equipment etc I feel I have wasted a lot of money.

Until reading on here, I never knew that there was a couch roll test, prep sprays or mitts.

I know I shouldn't have left it so long, and I should have contacted the company however I thought I would get the hang of it until I realised I didn't really know enough to call myself a spray tan technician.

Any help and advice would be very welcome (thats if you make it this far, I realsie this is very long)!

Hi Geeks,

Well I don't quite know where to start! I did a spray tanning course last year and so far have only ever done myself and friends. Whilst the tans are ok, they are by no means perfect and I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing.

I have read countless posts on here and found out stuff that I didn't even learn on my training day.

First of all my course was in a lady's kitchen, Then we read through the computer manual, then I sprayed her neighbour and teenage daughter. I didn't wear gloves or apply barrier cream. She said she could tell straight away that I would be able to do it and to just go and practise. It took about 3 hours.

I have also had to throw away a lot of solution as it had gone off and feel now that I would have preferred the maxi mist to the T200.

The lady was very nice but with all the equipment etc I feel I have wasted a lot of money.

Until reading on here, I never knew that there was a couch roll test, prep sprays or mitts.

I know I shouldn't have left it so long, and I should have contacted the company however I thought I would get the hang of it until I realised I didn't really know enough to call myself a spray tan technician.

Any help and advice would be very welcome (thats if you make it this far, I realsie this is very long)!

Hi, you must feel absolutely deflated. I would go back to the company you trained with and tell them exactly what you have posted on here. If they are worth anything they will try and remedy the situation. Also let me know where you are in kent and I am happy for you to come to me and go through it start to finish. I have been spraying for over 5 years now and believe me it is always a wobbly start, but you should have the confidence to spray the general public by now. Happy to help out in any way just PM and we will talk.

Dawn;)

Thanks Dawn thats really nice of you. I will pm you.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back