Help IBD gel polish problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I bought the IBD bonder, base and top coat to use with my other gel polish brands and I heard it was brill but I used it with a 'pink gellac' purple and the next day it had totally discoloured the purple and it was greeny/grey!!!! Why is this happening??!! I have attached a picture. Painted the purple on again to show the colour difference.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    910.8 KB · Views: 68
I would imagine it's because you're using 2 different brands. The IBD bonder, Base and Top coat, are for use with the IBD Just Gel Polish range.

I would imagine it's because you're using 2 different brands. The IBD bonder, Base and Top coat, are for use with the IBD Just Gel Polish range.
I normally mix all my gels with no issue! Looking for the best top and base u have any recommendations?

I normally mix all my gels with no issue! Looking for the best top and base u have any recommendations?
I don't unfortunately, because I'm an IBD girl myself, so use the whole system.
If you've not had an issue with it before, perhaps contact IBD directly and ask them if maybe it's a bad batch?

I don't unfortunately, because I'm an IBD girl myself, so use the whole system.
If you've not had an issue with it before, perhaps contact IBD directly and ask them if maybe it's a bad batch?
I'm just gutted was so excited to use it!

I bought a black ibd gel polish and each time I tried to use it the polish wrinkled and peeled. I tried it on acrylic nails, natural nail and display wheel also tried curing under both UV and LED lamp I used thin coats then very thin coats. I can't understand why it is happening. It's put me off buying ibd in the future. Was it just a dud? Am I doing something wrong? I usually use ASP signature, red carpet and Gelish. I have never had this trouble before.

I bought a black ibd gel polish and each time I tried to use it the polish wrinkled and peeled. I tried it on acrylic nails, natural nail and display wheel also tried curing under both UV and LED lamp I used thin coats then very thin coats. I can't understand why it is happening. It's put me off buying ibd in the future. Was it just a dud? Am I doing something wrong? I usually use ASP signature, red carpet and Gelish. I have never had this trouble before.
I had heard great reports about IBD! Maybe just not great mixed with other gel polishes.

IBD does get good reviews but it like other brands are designed to be used with the full system.
You might like to check your insurance policy with regards to mixing products as most cover you to use any brand but not to mix them as it results in service breakdown which is what you've experienced.

Ibd does claim to be compatible with other gels which is why I originally bought them but I've encountered so many issues with them that I have switched brands.

I have to say I didn't mix it with other brands. I put 2 very thin coats on acrylic and on a display wheel and both wrinkled before I could even get a top coat on. The trade store I bought it from said it was compatible with other systems however I didn't even get a chance to top coat it.

Yes it even says on the add that it's compatible with other systems.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1467830152048.jpg
    FB_IMG_1467830152048.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 41
I went to my suppliers today and explained the problem I'd had with ibd she said I may not be shaking it vigorously enough. I wish I hadn't thrown it in the bin now :'(

Latest posts

Back