Help!! Im a new mobile beauty therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clodagh88

Reaction score
Hey guys (im stressed!!!:eek:)

Im already a fake bake tech but have completed level 2 beauty now wanting to put all my training together to become a mobile therapist so far i have a

wax pot with creme,and warm wax and everything else like pre eax after wax etc
all my tinting kit
spray tanning kit
trendy nail wraps and man and ped kit

but next i know i need to buy a

portable couch and stool
hot wax and portable table for wax
also some aromatherapy facial products
and infa red light for trendy/minx nails

any help where to get some resonable prices for the above and what is best to start off???

And if im missing anything out???:)

Also im in essex and wondered if anyone new what would be the best course to go on for nails ie UV/acrylic would be??

Thank you guys for any info

xx:lol:

Hey guys (im stressed!!!:eek:)

Im already a fake bake tech but have completed level 2 beauty now wanting to put all my training together to become a mobile therapist so far i have a

wax pot with creme,and warm wax and everything else like pre eax after wax etc
all my tinting kit
spray tanning kit
trendy nail wraps and man and ped kit

but next i know i need to buy a

portable couch and stool
hot wax and portable table for wax
also some aromatherapy facial products
and infa red light for trendy/minx nails

any help where to get some resonable prices for the above and what is best to start off???

And if im missing anything out???:)

Also im in essex and wondered if anyone new what would be the best course to go on for nails ie UV/acrylic would be??

Thank you guys for any info

xx:lol:
I too am doing the same as you and have most of the bits that I need, hopefully without having wasted money on things that aren't any use! I got my portable couch brand new from Ebay but tbh it's not very portable, it's quite heavy (think about 16kg) and it's put me off of doing facials etc as a mobile service! I would definately advise on getting the lightest weight possible and ensuring that you have enough space at the end to get your legs under the bed! Mine has wooden legs that have a type of panel at the top that has a space cut out for legs to go through but it's not cut high enough and I can't get my legs in, which makes it awkward and uncomfortable! It was a bargain at £60 but it doesn't tick all the boxes, so make sure you're going to be able to work with it. :)

Hi - hope the following helps:

You want everything to be the lightest and the easiest to transport, the couch needs to be the lightest you can afford, and make sure you can pull the back up, it's very hard to use hard wax as a mobile therapist as it takes to long to heat up, so i'd stick to warm. I don't take my own stool as they usually have a chair I can use if needed, and I don't take a table for wax pot, you have to always think light!

You can get a cheap infa red light off ebay, and Beauty Guild is a good place to find second hand items. You can go direct to Eve Taylor to buy aromatherapy facial products.

Hope the above helps!:)

I agree, get a couch of eBay but make sure it's light! My new one is only about 6kg, I was breaking my back with the old one! Dint know if you are going to use a beauty bag but it is a lot easier to get one on wheels that has different sections, then if you just need nails/ eyes etc you don't have to lug around everything!
I did the complete nail tech with capital, found it pretty good but MEGA practice needed and I don't use much salon system stuff for nails now. Each to their own!
Good luck hun xx

Also if you do trendy wraps (IMO as good as minx) you don't need a lamp just a small portable hairdryer x

Hey thank you all info is very helpful do you have any advice with the cheapest insurance company and best to use :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back