Help! I'm confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
Did my cousins nails on Monday, acrylics..gellux in black, and gold striping tape. By Wednesday I have a text saying that the tape has lifted off and the black has started peeling. I'm so confused as to why this has happened, I did two coats of the black, both cured for 2mins (I use a salon system lamp from Capital) I then used the top coat, cured, wipe, applied the tape, top coat, cured, wipe. And I capped the free edge aswel so I don't understand why this has happened. Any ideas? She is a cleaner, but never normally has any problems with her nails and is careful with them.
Uploading pic for you to see...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357836741.766199.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1357836741.766199.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 180
did you buff the acrylics smooth before you used the gellux?
I'm not familiar with that brand but imagine it's similiar in that you will get a better bond if it's applied to a slightly roughened surface. So try and not smooth buff the surface before you apply the gel polish and see if it makes a difference.
Also it is a good idea to use a thin layer off your bonder on the surface of the acrylics before you use a gel polish , again to get a better bond.

Ooh ok that might be why, I'll try again with applying to a rougher surface. Thankyou hun x

Hi the gel looks quite thick at the edges try doing a thinner application and sealing the free edges :)

Latest posts

Back