"Help I've broke a nail"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redchris001

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone can give me a bit of advice (and from the short time I've been on this site I know someone will)

I did a set of nails, on myself, last week and the index finger on my left hand has cracked all the way across the nail just below the smile line. I cannot remember banging it or anything and, although the crack is visible, the enhancement is not lifting or even coming apart when I apply pressure to the tip, it appears to be as solid as ever.

My questios are:

1. why has this happened - is it something I have done wrong! i.e. the wrong mix of l&p or the apex in the wrong place etc?

and

2. How do I correct it - should I remove the whole nail (l&p with tips) or just file down and place more l&p over the crack. If the later is advised where do I place the bead in order to keep the nail balanced?

I know this may sound a bit basic but I have only been doing nails since January and I am really pleased with the set esp. as I did my own!!!!!

Hope someone can help!!!!! I want to know how to handle this if it happened to a client.

Thanx

Ps - what a great site this is - it's just brill - you all seem so friendly - I hope I meet some of you at excel!!!! :biggrin:

Hi sorry to 'natter' but I have had one pm on this explaining a method to remedy the situation and am goingto give that ago tomorrow - but why has this happened have I done something wrong?

I would really apreciate any views on the matter! :|

Latest posts

Back