Help! I've got Housemaids knee!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrienne88

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm sure I am not the first person who has suffered this!! But I have Burstitis aka 'Housemaids knee' in my left knee, which is basically the swelling of the fluid around the knee cap due to constant kneeling. Ouch.
I can only think this has come from kneeling down when practicing various toenail treatments.

So, I have been avoiding kneeling to try and help the swelling go down. At some point in the future, I may go mobile (I am currently training/practicing on family etc!) and if and when I do this will want to include various pedicures, so I was just wanting some tips on 'set up' for a mobile pedicure, which avoids too much kneeling? How do you arrange you and your client?

Thankkkks xx

Hi
Sorry about your knee sounds painful! I have been doing beauty for 8 years and have never kneeled down to do foot work! I do my pedicure with good light and two chairs opposite each other with the spa in the middle! Sometimes I polish like this with the clients foot on my lap! But normally (where possible) after the pedicure I put the client on my couch and do the massage then get the client to bend both knees and put the feet flat (on a towel so they down slide) then I polish or gel!

I was taught do never kneel or bend my back while working and I have made sure I've followed this through! It's most important! Take it easy and adapt your pedi so your not on your knees! (you can get a little fold up chair from ikea)

Good luck chick x

Latest posts

Back