Help - I've got no idea!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma Leonard

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am currently a beauty and holistic salon and have got someone wanting to do hairdressing. I am going to need to buy everything. SO the thing I really need to know are:

1) what colours should I buy as a start up (brands, wholesalers etc)
2) what else do we need to actually perform hair treatments?

Thank you so much

Gemma

Are they employed or self employed

Well, I would be inclined to go with a brand they are aware of and have used.

I use L'Oreal Inoa. And have done for 4 years. But I'm not finding the coverage good.

Wella is very popular.

I would say to spend more on colours rather than Going with anything cheap like XP or NXT.

Speak to reps they can usually get you good starter deals.

Same with styling products and cleansing products.

I however use Fudge cleansing and Styling, it's in expensive and sulphate free. But it's personal preference.

Olaplex is a new product you should get in.

Then you need to see if the stylist does perming or chemical straightening or Brazilian blow dries. I don't do these. But you'd need to get things like perming rods, paper, ladders, drip tray, neutralising sponge in for the perm. I don't know about the others.

For colouring you'll tint bowls, brushes, scales, foil or Meche.

Clippers, clippercide, oil.

Capes, towels, cutting collars.

Hair dryers, straighteners, curling wands, tings, heated rollers.

Possibly rollers, pins and nets if the stylist sets.

Cutting stool.

You'll need to supply brushes, Combs and clips if they're employed I think.

That's just the top of my head.

That is fantastic - thank you so much,

Gemma

Any salon I've ever been employed in I've always been expected to have my own hair dryer brushes combs etc. Colour wise definitely talk to ur new stlyist before buying any.

Pretty sure if you employ you're supposed to supply everything?

If you were a checkout assistant you couldn't be expected to supply your own till and if you were a surgeon you wouldn't be expected to supply your own surgical tools?!

Well, I would be inclined to go with a brand they are aware of and have used.

I use L'Oreal Inoa. And have done for 4 years. But I'm not finding the coverage good.

Wella is very popular.

I would say to spend more on colours rather than Going with anything cheap like XP or NXT.

Speak to reps they can usually get you good starter deals.

Same with styling products and cleansing products.

I however use Fudge cleansing and Styling, it's in expensive and sulphate free. But it's personal preference.

Olaplex is a new product you should get in.

Then you need to see if the stylist does perming or chemical straightening or Brazilian blow dries. I don't do these. But you'd need to get things like perming rods, paper, ladders, drip tray, neutralising sponge in for the perm. I don't know about the others.

For colouring you'll tint bowls, brushes, scales, foil or Meche.

Clippers, clippercide, oil.

Capes, towels, cutting collars.

Hair dryers, straighteners, curling wands, tings, heated rollers.

Possibly rollers, pins and nets if the stylist sets.

Cutting stool.

You'll need to supply brushes, Combs and clips if they're employed I think.

That's just the top of my head.

Why not rent them a chair as a booth renter, this way it's their responsibility, it would be easier for you and for them too. You won't have to put out anything, they get the things they need.

Latest posts

Back