Help - Lash extensions - client swollen eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie1811

Reaction score
Ladies any help would be greatly appericated. Two of my clients in the last month have both had very swollen eyes within 3/4 hours of having their extensions done (extensions had to be removed). Both are regular clients (every 3 weeks) both have been coming to me for at least 8 months. Neither have had problem before. Neither are on medication. I have not changed any products or glue (even double checked with EE). Im highly experienced and only do lashes (30 clients per week). What has happened??? My confidence is so low now :sad:

Hi, I posted a thread last week as I have recently had clients complaining of irritation during treatment, and some after for a few days. I am certain it is the under eye pads ( I have always used The Eyelash Emporium). I have contacted them and they assure me that there formula has not changed. I had the ingredients checked by a professional and he reported that there could be a reaction to Castor Oil. It is strange how this has only happened recently. I even feel discomfort when having my own lashes done, although it doesn't last after the pads are removed. I have been doing lashes for years, and it is my core business, so I feel sure it is not something I am doing.I have to use tape instead and find I have no problems at all - apart from getting the tape to lie flat!! Really need to get to the bottom of this.

I have 1 long standing client who started suffering with swollen eyelids. We used tape instead of pads, no sealer but it didn't stop until I used sensitive eye glue. Its not as long lasting and takes ages to apply ( Im used to the quick stuff) but my client is grateful for my efforts to sort this and is happy to pay a :)bit extra for a longer appt. Process of elimination works - its not your fault. Don't let it get to you, just be responsible in trying to sort it, and remember all the happy, satisfied ( slightly lash obsessed) clients! x

Don't beat yourself up. It's nothing you've done.

Unfortunately part of doing lashes is sometimes clients can build up an intolerance to the glue.

You might want to patch test them with sensitive glue. Although I hate using the stuff so much I tend to let the clients go...

Thanks for all your replies, I think my ladies would like to try a few options, which youve suggested as they cant live without them !

Latest posts

Back