Help my toe/don't view if eating tea!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
Hope you guys can help me, I'm baffled as to what is wrong with my toe! It's SOOO painful to touch, if I get in the bath I go through the roof because of the heat.
I've cleaned it with tcp and a cotton bud and I feel nothing! The skin is coming away in paper thin segments n I mean thin, where there is an opening to fresh skin I have put tcp on, I prepare my self for it to sting and me scream but nothing it's not doing anything which I can't work out if it's fresh skin :/

I have toe gel on and I did it a month n half ago and I don't do my cuticles as I don't have any really so no point messing if there nothing to mess with, so it's not cuticle trauma. I keep my feet clean all the time and I wear appropriate foot wear.

Would anti-histamines work do you think? If I go to doctors I'll be waiting 3 week for an appointment!

the same thing happened last year on my other foot but same toe, but it was summer time so I put it down to me having flip flops on and maybe catching an infection, that got really bad but I managed to clean it and it went back to normal.

Help please :(
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424467132.037508.jpg

The yellow bit you see will not come away and it's skin not puss. Sorry it's not very nice I know :(

I'm not medically trained so can't give you any suggestions apart from either visiting your doctor as an emergency appointment, a walk in centre or chiropodist. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Ney worries, it's not hurting atall now it's just very red I'm hoping my half hour of intense cleaning has helped. Thankyou though x x

Are you diluting the TCP when putting it on?
Or using it neat?

It looks very sore and almost like a burn. My ex burned himself with neat Tcp before.

Can't help with what it might be, but I'd pop in to see a pharmacist and get them to have a look!

Neat :/ I didn't think you could burn with it 😱
It been this colour before I started but maybe that hasn't helped x

Definitely go to your doctor, or even a Caredoc (not sure if you have those that's what it's called in Ireland) if you can't get an appointment with your doctor.
I had something that looked similar to that, but it got worse because I left it, I just thought it was from shoes rubbing. Turned out it was an infection.

It was actually the very same toe on the same foot as yours

How strange :/
I'll have to see if I can't get emergency appointment, our docs are hopeless x x

Looks like you may have had a reaction that has turned infected. Are the spots on your third toes itchy & did they appear at the same time as the second toe reaction? Gp may pescribe antibiotics for you. x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks like you may have had a reaction that has turned infected. Are the spots on your third toes itchy & did they appear at the same time as the second toe reaction? Gp may pescribe antibiotics for you. x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

No hun, them little red spots appear all time, I went to doctors about them when I was little and he said its heat rash which I get all over in little red spots. I used to get them on top of my feet and legs when I was little and had hair dryer on. X

Sorry to hijack the thread 😞 I have a toe related problem too that one of you might know something about, my big toe looks totally normal but the skin on the left hand side of it has no feeling in it and hasn't for weeks, any ideas? X

Also ouch! I hope it gets better Soon xx

I'd still make an apt. to see a doctor and in the meantime, speak to a pharmacist.

Sorry to hijack the thread 😞 I have a toe related problem too that one of you might know something about, my big toe looks totally normal but the skin on the left hand side of it has no feeling in it and hasn't for weeks, any ideas? X

Does it look a slightly different colour? Like paler or white? Does it get worse when u r cold? Reason I ask is because this happens to me and my doctor diagnosed reynauds (sp?) which is a circulatory problem. It's quite harmless and effected my fingers when I was pushing a pram in the cold weather. See your doctor if u r worried as I can't tell u what it actually is.

The the OP it looks sore and infected possibly, as has already been advised see a doctor or pharmacist as they can advise u further. Hope it's better soon x

It doesn't look different at all. And it's not painful or anything it's just a bit odd lol, thank you x

It looks painful. What a shame. I hope you get some answers from the pharmacist or your GP.

I was wondering if it could have started as some kind of allergy to foot or nail products you've used.

It looks painful. What a shame. I hope you get some answers from the pharmacist or your GP.

I was wondering if it could have started as some kind of allergy to foot or nail products you've used.

I'm not sure my feet get really cold a lot and before it was sore it was blue but I mean the tiniest speckle of blue so I thought nothing of it.
Deffo gonna book in with the gp, just wondered if you guys had come across it before.
Thankyou all for your help x x

How long has your toe been like this? Has it been 6 weeks... If it is, then the tcp isn't working.. can you try something else.. altho not sure what else.

I think it could need an antibiotic but only a doc would know that. Could you show it to a pharmacist if u can't get to a doctor

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Only started on Thursday.
I put some germaline on it last night before bed and I can't believe the difference. It's still sore but the redness has completely gone! It's a tad swollen so I'll continue with that untill I can get in with docs x

Good ole germaline. good luck with it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back