Help nails keep lifting!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gembell

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been trained as a nail tech for some time and I have just started using this as my full time career. Some of my clients have been having lifting within the first few days and I can't understand why.

It is really knocking my confidence and does not look good as I am trying to build up my clients not scare people away. I do all the correct things i.e, not get product on cuticles and use lots of primer, I have even changed my products, I did use The Edge now using Star Nails products.

pls any suggestions before I have no clients left. :cry:

A common cause of lifting is prep....what is your prep routine....?

Are you using L&P or gel....?

lots of primer is not healthy for the natural nail, it should be applied sparingly and allowed to dry to achalky white finish before proceeding with product application.

the most likely cause of lifting is insufficient prep work. if you go to the navigation box there is a tutorial section that will give you a great routine to follow. if ever you are doubtfull as to whether you have removed the non living tissue from the nail well enough, go back and repeat the process. if more comes off , then you know you need to be more thorough next time.

keeping the product off the surrounding skin is vital. sometimes you can be working too wet when you begin to do nails and it can run into the sidewalls and flood them out without even being very visible.

my main problem when i was a beginner was getting product too thick at the base of the nail. so when the nails were knocked they would not flex suficiently and that caused them to lift because of the leverage. always be sure that the product blends in seemlessly to the base of the nail and the sidewalls too.

The first training i had was with the edge Gel and i didnt like it but it didnt lift.Im talking 1999 so of course they may have changed it by now.What put me off it was it was so blooming hrd to file dust everwhere.
I also tried star nails not long after i did then have triuble with lifting.
Ezflow which i have also trained in no lifting and lovely gel to file.
Still have to apply in the right way though no matter what you use.

hi guys,

thank you for your help and suggestions.

I am using acrylic and I think i will try to carry out a more thorough prep and see if this helps. I did read the tutorials and they are brilliant.

Thanks again I will update with my progress.

Latest posts

Back