Help, nails splitting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebelle

Reaction score
Hi fello geeks
I am looking for any advice, I am a fully quailified nail tech and have been for many years. Today one of my new clients came to make another appointment , she had gelish 6 weeks ago then 2 weeks later removed. all done ref manufacuter instruction no problems. Today she came in her nails are splitting free edge to the middle of the nail on at least 3 nails and they look terrible . she has been using almond oil not solar as
recommend. Today i filed the nails as short a possible, but dont know what else to do, other than recoment solar oil 2to3 times aday.
any ideas why this happend ? and what I can do to help the nails recover and she had
nail ridges as did her mother and granmother
any help or advice will be greatfully recieved, have been in the industy for many years
but im at a loss?:confused:

Unless her nails were already in pretty bad shape that may have been made worse by nail buffing before applying the gel polish. I cant see any reason why her nails should be in any worse shape than to dryness ... she is probably better off just keeeping them coated with Shellac and regular use of Solar Oil than to just leave them.

You know what we do is a BETTER PROTECTION FOR NAILS THEN JUST LEAVING THEM. But not buffing during prep is a really good start to any treatment. She is better carrying on than leaving them.

I've done my signature course recently and they suggest in filling instead of removal if you are going to use the same colour. Xx

Latest posts

Back