Help needed about nail arches please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natasha1

Reaction score
:irked: Hi. I'm new to the site and have been working in nails for about 18 years on and off. Recently though I decided to undertake the Level 3 in Nail Services. Its a great course and I'm enjoying watching and listening to other techs that I didn't know before the course. However, I need help!!!
I'm really struggling how to define some answers, is there anyone out there that can help me???
My Question is : Describe the 3 main arches - 'c' curve, upper and lower arches with regard to strength and appearance.
I know about the arches but describing them with regard to the strenth and appearance has me at a loss.
Also as the question says the 3 main arches are there any others?
I'd be grateful if anyone out there has any ideas
Cheers
Natasha

Its like creating the top of an egg. The c-curve is the curve as you look down the barrel of the nail, if you have a strong c-curve with a correctly placed upper arch (the profile of ther nail) then you can create an extremly stong nail. They work together like a cross.

This shape was engineered by Tom Holcomb for comps to enable him to produce very long strong nails without the need for bulk.

The lower arch I have straight, this enables me to ensure that my upper arch is correct when I check my filing from the side. I also feel that esthetically it looks better straight.

Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back