Help needed - eye cream for sensitive eyes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mme_antoinette

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was hoping I could get some advice on what eye cream to use. I'm age 25, and have started to get some fine lines/wrinkles around my eyes. So I'm wanting to use a light anti-ageing eye cream that's suitable for fairly young skin, as a preventative measure before further wrinkles arrive.

Problem: I have very sensitive eyes. I can wear makeup, but if anything (powder, dust etc.) gets into my eye, they get very irritated and can flare up and be bloodshot/painful for a day or two. So I'm very careful with them.

I've been using Boots' Time Delay eye cream, the one that states it's for 'first signs of fine lines and wrinkles.' I have only been using it a few days - I use a tiny amount around the eye area and apply with my ring finger.
With even the first application my eyes didn't feel 'right.' I've not had a bad reaction, but I've noticed the following:

Around my eyes it feels a little sore and swollen. But it doesn't look swollen in the mirror. The skin isn't red or visibly irritated, it just feels sore - it's even given me a bit of a headache!
My eyes have been watering a bit more than usual. It kind of feels like when you have cleaned your eyes with an oil-based eyeshadow remover, and you have oil residue around there.

So nothing drastic, but I'd rather have an eye cream that feels more comfortable. Can anyone recommend any products for such sensitive eyes as mine? Or perhaps offer another solution to the onset of wrinkles? I'd rather not have to try a ton of products before finding one that works/doesn't irritate me!

Thank you :)

xx

Even my most sensitive clients have found the Decleor Harmony Calm Eye gel-cream suitable. It works to:

decongest and reduce dark circles (Cornflower Floral Water)
soothe feelings of discomfort and redness (Essential Milk of Rose, Extracts of White Birch Bark)
moisturise and protect the skin from irritants (Lacto Calm Complex: Essential Milks of Cotton and Lily, Concentrated Rose Water, Cotton Lipids)
reduce the signs of reactivity (Extract of Green Macatia)

Latest posts

Back