Help needed for dry skin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodee

Reaction score
I have extremely dry skin and never have time to go out and find products that are suitable, any help would be appreciated. Looking for a good moisturiser and face wash.

Thanks!

I have extremely dry skin and never have time to go out and find products that are suitable, any help would be appreciated. Looking for a good moisturiser and face wash.

Thanks!

Dry skin is caused by underactive oil glands that do not produce enough sebum to keep the skin naturally hydrated. Dry skin must be hydrated regularly from the inside (drinking water) and outside with the likes of hydrating creams and serums.
i also suffer dry skin and personally i do not use over the counter creams from boots, superdrug etc i prefer Cosmeceutical ranges because they contain active ingredients and antioxidants that work deep into the skin at the moment i am using a day serum which contains hyaluronic acid which is capable of retaining 1000 times its own weight in water.
the best thing is to visit your local skin clinic and let them have a look at your skin and advise from there x

Your skin may be dehydrated as well as dry, increasing your water intake could help this, I too have very dry skin, but I find working in air conditioned rooms for 12hours a day is not helping, I apply a hydrating moisturiser daily, a good night cream & exfoliate my face once weekly, with an almond oil and magnesium carbonate face mask, my skin is much better now

Ive got dry skin and my fave products to use are the origins overnight intense drink it up mask and the origins ginzing moisturiser. Dermalogica have really good products for dry skin too but like others have said it could be dehydrated,

Thanks for the suggestions but do you guys know of any beauty sites that I can try finding products for my dry skin? I never have any time to go out and buy them so it would be very helpful to buy them online thanks!

Fragrancex.com have a lot of products to choose from

Hey doodee7
I would suggest trying a moisturising face wash and make sure you exfoliate regularly? Also you could try a replenishing face mask, there's loads of home made recipes you can find on e-How that have worked for me!
If you're not sure what brands of products you should be using I found this amazing website MyBeautyCompare.com Have you heard of it?
Basically you put in your details like skin type, age, diet etc and it works out the products that are best for your needs. They do the same for makeup as well its really cool. It also works out where you can buy stuff cheapest so you get the best price and you can buy them online too if you're too busy to goto the shops.

hope this helps xxx

i knew of 2 ppl who had such bad skin they were covered in red itchy skin that looked like dry skin and they used le roche posay the results were great and was also used on babies and their skin came very clear! it can be got in most pharmacies best of luck!!!

Latest posts

Back