Help needed urgently

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiadrops

Reaction score
Hi I need some advice, I was a mobile therapist for years and had my own insurance but moved areas and didn't work for 6 months so let my insurance lapse, I then found a little salon that was offering a 70-30 split so went to work there for a while, on my first day the salon owner asked about my insurance and I said it had lapsed and she said its ok I've got insurance for the salon, so stupid me assumed I was covered. I did a set of lashes on a client who had had them done with me 2 weeks previous but the salon owner had decided to change the glue before the second appointment and the client had a reaction, the following day was my day off and I had a call to say the client was complaining so I went to the salon collected the lash remover and went to the clients house and removed the lashes, yes her eyes were red and swollen, I told the salon owner and she offered the lady free treatments. Nothing was heard of the client again and 6 months later I left and moved back to my home town, this was over a year and a half ago, then last night I came home to find a solicitor's representative on my doorstep saying I was being sued. He had a 3 page letter from the salon owner saying I had my own insurance and as I was running my own self employed business from her salon it was all my fault. I wasn't running my own business, I was working on her clients, using her products, she booked the appointments, it was just a 70-30 split. I wish I hadn't been so trusting and asked to see her insurance with me added onto it. What can I do if anything, I'm worried sick, any help would be great even if its just to tell me I'm f**ked and there going to wipe the floor with me

Calm down it may not be as bad as you think. First thing in the morning ring a solicitor, most give 30 mins free advice, and go from there. Exactly what is she suing for ?

Not really sure to be honest the representative just showed me the 3 page letter from the salon owner, asked me to confirm I had done the treatment and said I would be hearing from the ladies solicitor's regarding compensation for her injury's, he was very nice and said it was obviously a no win no fee case and to just wait for further correspondence

Did you sign it ?

Didn't sign anything, he asked for my telephone number and said I would need to make a statement of events and would I be willing to do this and I said yes because I believe I didn't do anything wrong

sorry had not finished typing. Did you read it, did he give you a copy, did you sign it. You would have been within your rights to refuse to sign, i hope you did. If you did you may have a case for harassment/intimidation. So please speak to a solicitor first thing in morning. Without knowing what she is actually suing for it is hard to advise you. But i do know with the no win no fee claims if you have no insurance and no assets(house,car etc) they are very reluctant to pursue. xx

Thank you so much for your help, you have settled me no end, I will get straight on to a solicitor in the morning :hug:

Speak to a solicitor it will be worth paying for them to do it for you. Though i doubt very much the claim would be worth a lot xx

I would tell them you know nothing about it.If the place you were working for told you,you were insured under their insurance then send anyone in their direction,and yes what exactly is the client claiming for?.A ruined holiday,wedding,days off work, did she lose her eyelashes forever is she scarred I don't think a bit of swelling or irritation that went away in a couple of days which is more likely,can warrant a claim.
Did you do patch testing and fill out a consultation form if you did your insurance will deal with it in your favour anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back