Help needed with advertising please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi all,
Really hoping someone can give me some advice on what to do.

I work mobile and have been for a while now, so had built up a good client base. About a month ago I moved quite far away so had to give up my clients and start again.

I dont know what it is with this area! I have advertised everywhere. I had started by posting business cards through doors and didnt even get one response. So then got some post card type flyers because i thought they would look a bit more proffesional...and still nothing.

Do people in Coulsdon just NOT have beauty treatments? It's so frustrating and i'm sure some of you have been in the same boat and am just wondering what you did?

If anyone has any tips/ advice then please chuck some my way im beggining to lose hope :mad:

Ita just a thought but did you do some research in your new area of the average sort of prices being charged for nails and what competition you have etc ....its possible there could be a signifcant difference betwen your old area and your new area x

bump (due to be lost in the forum by the serial spammer)

Ita just a thought but did you do some research in your new area of the average sort of prices being charged for nails and what competition you have etc ....its possible there could be a signifcant difference betwen your old area and your new area x

There isnt that many salons around here to be honest hun. I have gone lower with my prices going by the few salons i found. I cant go any lower as it just wouldnt be worth me doing it.
I am qualified in nails but its mainly spray tans, waxing, facials, pedi's & manis that i was doing where i lived before. I have had some flyers done and have put an offer on for half price spray tanning so lets just hope that works!!
Thank you for your reply xxx

I could only suggest sending out an opening special which you already have done. If there are any places in the area where they could put your fliers in their shop. On a notice board at the local shopping centres. May be find out if there is a mobile hairdresser in the area and possibly get them to distribute some fliers to their customers. Also it depends on what group of people you want to target. Were most of your customers back where you used to live young mums etc? You could then possibly think of a way to target that group for your advertising, i.e., mums groups etc. May be have something on there saying you are experienced and qualified for those that are weary.
I am sure that once you get one person it will all start to happen.
Good luck :)

Hi Kylie I too moved to a new area and did not know anyone. It was slow at first but I only worked PT to start and now work in school hours and some evenings. You have to keep going - you will break through the barrier. I would also research the local economy - do market research and get some opinions about beauty services and what you have to offer. I also would not necessarily keep my prices too low as this may give out that you do not use the best etc! :hug:

Hey - I know you - you've moved from Mitcham to Coulsdon.

I did the same thing moved from Sanderstead to Oxted. I've still got loads of my clients - it's a trek but .... I have said that I will still tan them but need a min of 2 bodies, but push for the tanning parties!

I met a lady last week who must have seen one of our ads as she mentioned it!

Try the gym in the high street, it's quite small, but they are more than willing to stock leaflets! Also the photographers and wedding shop.

It has been very quiet but you have to persevere! Are there any mum and tot groups????

Latest posts

Back