Help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Softsofa

Reaction score
Hello,

I went to enrol at college for level 2 hairdressing and I was told I had to do my level 1 first. Thing is I've already worked in a salon for over in the past, full time as a junior. There is no way I could afford to do the level 1 it's £300 more expensive than the level 2 and I've already done all the requirements for that. I can blow-dry, set, French rolll and apply full head tint! Ive been told to enrol on the barbering course which I have and I'm happy to do that but I really would prefer to start on women's hair as I'm more confident with this. The course tutor has kindly said she would ask her line manager if I could do a trade test and let me go onto the level 2. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this? Totally gutted :( it's just a waiting game now I guess!

Hello,

I went to enrol at college for level 2 hairdressing and I was told I had to do my level 1 first. Thing is I've already worked in a salon for over in the past, full time as a junior. There is no way I could afford to do the level 1 it's £300 more expensive than the level 2 and I've already done all the requirements for that. I can blow-dry, set, French rolll and apply full head tint! Ive been told to enrol on the barbering course which I have and I'm happy to do that but I really would prefer to start on women's hair as I'm more confident with this. The course tutor has kindly said she would ask her line manager if I could do a trade test and let me go onto the level 2. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this? Totally gutted :( it's just a waiting game now I guess!

Hey! Aw what a shame hopefully they'll not make you wait too long for an answer!!! I used to be a college lecturer in beauty) and we had potential students calling all the time with situations like this. Think they will be looking at all your experience and matching them up with the outcomes you need if you were to progress on to the level 2 course, plus it often depends on how popular the course is your trying to get on, if they have a few extra spaces for this years intake they might let you on, however if they are over subscribed with students that have formally done a level 1 course then they might not let you in.... Fingers crossed for you honey!!!
Let us know how you get on :D

Latest posts

Back