HELP NEW HAIR SALON - What brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leyla

Reaction score
Opening new hair salon and being a beauty therapist, hair is not my area of expertise??

Just needed some help and advise on what hair brand to go with for colouring and tinting?

Was thinking of Wella, Goodwell perhaps L'oreal? Any other suggestions. Many have said dont cut corners on this area, hair is a great earner for the salon and customers want to know they are being treated with a good quality brand??

Please help, im really stuck!

Thanks so much. xx:sad:

Opening new hair salon and being a beauty therapist, hair is not my area of expertise??

Just needed some help and advise on what hair brand to go with for colouring and tinting?

Was thinking of Wella, Goodwell perhaps L'oreal? Any other suggestions. Many have said dont cut corners on this area, hair is a great earner for the salon and customers want to know they are being treated with a good quality brand??

Hi, sorry but at this this point in time it would be foolish of us to advise you.... as most of us are trained up with all different hair colour company's so any Trained hairdresser you take on ..... will want to be highly confident with the colours toners etc .... they have been taught to use

Therefore..... it would be far better to wait and ask the expert opinion of the actual stylist who is going to be working there , on what she / he prefers to use ? ....

It will only take a list made out from the stylist
and visit to the wholesalers .... so it's far better to wait .... than to waste money on products that they aren't used to or aren't trained to use !...

Its probably the same with beauty therapy ? .... you yourself probably only use and work with the products of your choice , products that you find you are happy with and confident to work with ... which in turn will produce the best results :) hth minky

Hi,

I'd agree with minky..but I do use both loreal and wella and think their great products to work with,

HTH

thanks for your feedback. I was planning to wait for the hairdresser to select the products, although i guess i was just asking for opinons of your highly skilled professionals!

Thanks for your advise and will definitely take on board...

Hi,

I'd agree with minky..but I do use both loreal and wella and think their great products to work with,

HTH

thanks for your feedback. I was planning to wait for the hairdresser to select the products, although i guess i was just asking for opinons of your highly skilled professionals!

Thanks for your advise and will definitely take on board...

Hi, I too agree with Dimples :) ..... Loreal and Wella are great to work with

but as long as your stylits works with a good professional line I am sure anything she / he choose will be great ... I myself like to work with the above products

some people love Affinage which looks great too....
some people love Goldwell and some love Swarzkopf ....
but you may find a stylist will pluck from another range which she / he thinks is superior ...
eg.... I pluck out proclere gentle scalp bleach and toners .... its a blue high lift oil gel bleach for achieving the coolest of cool icy blondes .... but others may pluck out something entirely different to do exactly the same job .... good luck and let us know how you get on with your stylist and what she / he uses ? :) minky

In addition to chosing a good colour company that your stylist is happy with - you should also look at Easydry. They do a range of products like disposable towels for hair and beauty salons. I've been using them for a while now and I find they work really well, save me the hassle of laundry and they save me money.

www.easydrygroup.com

:rolleyes: Best of luck with thes salon.

You should search through this site for marketing advice. It came up a few months ago and some of the other geeks posted some great tips for free / cheap but effective marketing ideas.

Hi, sorry but at this this point in time it would be foolish of us to advise you.... as most of us are trained up with all different hair colour company's so any Trained hairdresser you take on ..... will want to be highly confident with the colours toners etc .... they have been taught to use

Therefore..... it would be far better to wait and ask the expert opinion of the actual stylist who is going to be working there , on what she / he prefers to use ? ....

It will only take a list made out from the stylist
and visit to the wholesalers .... so it's far better to wait .... than to waste money on products that they aren't used to or aren't trained to use !...

Its probably the same with beauty therapy ? .... you yourself probably only use and work with the products of your choice , products that you find you are happy with and confident to work with ... which in turn will produce the best results :) hth minky

I would agree with the above comment from minky.
I have been trained in Goldwell Products, and my clients love them. but even some of the girls i trained with dont like Goldwell and now work with Rusk, so as long as your Hairdressers are happy and confident I would stick with what they know. Good luck with it :green:

Latest posts

Back