Help new job and rant required

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn/NuU

Reaction score
Hi All,

Please bare with me whilst i get this off my chest.... I would like some of your feedback as very unsure. I am due to start a new job in a salon tomorrow it has been open for barbering and ladies for 6 months and is very class they have a room but is farely substandard. I have said that i would work on a 50/50 basis with salon to provide the products. To my knowledge i am due to start in the morning but still have no products or clients to work with. I have said that i would take in my own waxing stuff but that was it and know feel that i am being taken advantage of. Could you please send me your thoughts and what split should it be?

Hi!
Not sure if i can be of any help but i ALWAYS go with my gut instinct.
Have you called the owner today and asked whats happening??
Was there a set written agreement set out between yourselves?
I would not be happy to enter into anything with someone unless i had it all in writing.
Good luck with it all
x

Hi All,

Please bare with me whilst i get this off my chest.... I would like some of your feedback as very unsure. I am due to start a new job in a salon tomorrow it has been open for barbering and ladies for 6 months and is very class they have a room but is farely substandard. I have said that i would work on a 50/50 basis with salon to provide the products. To my knowledge i am due to start in the morning but still have no products or clients to work with. I have said that i would take in my own waxing stuff but that was it and know feel that i am being taken advantage of. Could you please send me your thoughts and what split should it be?

Herllo there that doesnt sound too right as i've got a boutique and i provide all the products and im looking for someone to work 50/50 for the boutique and im having trouble finding someone so it sounds like thewy taking advantage ring me in any case 07507 61 33 39 kimmy

It does sound very unstable and unofficial.

Go with your gut instinct. It's not to late to back out or to discuss things further if you're still not sure.

Bit of a guess here but does the owner of the building have a clear understanding of the beauty industry and what their role is in relation to having you work on their premises?

Latest posts

Back