Help - on holiday, bad toenail injury

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle44

Reaction score
Help! I'm on holiday and did a gel sculpted overlay on my already half broken big toenail. I've just stubbed it and the nails come away apart from right at the base. It's raised at an angle and won't lay back down. It was really bleeding but had stopped now. What can I do to either get it to lay down or removed it (although I don't want to do the latter really, would rather it fall off on it's own). Thanks 😢

I can post a pic but it's not pretty :(

is there an onsite doc?

That sounds nasty :( I actually cringed for you. Try to protect it from snagging on anything. Actually feeling sick now I'm thinking in depth about it. poor you hun x x

Ouch!! Agree with maybe finding an onsite dr - or ask one of the reps. Failing that a plaster over it??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No Onsite doc but I am in the US. I've bandaged it up but v painful x

Do the US have any free doctors? I've heard loads of horror stories about people being in the hospital overnight and them being charged loads for it!

Sounds like a stupid question but could you maybe go to a nail salon?xx

Do the US have any free doctors? I've heard loads of horror stories about people being in the hospital overnight and them being charged loads for it!

Sounds like a stupid question but could you maybe go to a nail salon?xx

Any nail salon would refer you to a doctor. Do you have travel insurance? Because stepping foot at the doctors in the US will cost you hundreds if not a few thousand dollars depending on what they do :/

Get yourself to a podiatrist they will cut your nail back as far as they can until they get to the still attached part and then will dress it, apply a dry dressing. At their moment it's at high risk of infection as it's an open wound. Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tell them you have no insurance and you are self pay, stay away from emergency rooms in hospitals , go to a urgent care and pay cash, tell them to give you the cash payment discount:)

What's the latest?

Latest posts

Back