Help on Nail courses!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa_Lashes

Reaction score
Hi all fellow nail geeks!

Im new to the forum - so please bear with me if Im not quite up to speed with how the site works! :confused:

Im not a professional - (please dont attack me yet!!) but i've been into doing acrylic nails since i was 17 (im now 27) on myself - its something i really wish id learnt and gone to college for when i had the opportunity when i was younger -anyway - over the years i have picked up how to do the acrylic system of L &P (again please dont attack me) but I would like to do a course properly to gain more proffesional experince and to build my technique to a pro standard so I can look into doing nails confidentlly and know im using correct techniques before going out there! The thing is - ive looked a little online at what courses are avail and im mind boggled already :eek: I have no idea what course I should look into first!!??

I presume i need to look into a foundation course - but I dont know which courses are recommended or well known in the beauty world - am i best doing a night class (as i work full time) or are there courses u can do from home that are any good - I would appreciate some help off any of you fellow pro's to help me get started! :green:

Thank u
Lisa xxx

Hi lisa i am booked on the cnd foundation course it is 6 days 5 day l&p and 1 day conversion brissa gel . Cnd has a great reputation as im sure other geeks on here will tell u i have bought a home course however did not know what i was doing and never had enough feed back of a tutor however it may work for some people just not me ! good luck and defo get some professional training done :)

Thanks for the advice Gemma - just been browsing online - can't seem to find Cnd courses in my area - when I went to enquire online- the website said to only enquire if ur in the merseyside area??!! Am I being thick? I'm in Lancashire area so don't know if I'm looking at the right site? I'm getting all confused! (not hard) I'm full of cold at the moment so my patience is wearing thin haha! Xxx

Hi Lisa,

I've just taken my first CND Nails Naturally Manicure at Creative Nail Academy + Manchester. You can find the details on Sweet Squared or their own website;

Locations

Manicure Training Courses | Minx Nails Training | Shellac Nail Training Courses

The academy is actually in Leigh so not city centre. I had a fantastic day on my course and have already booked to go back and do Shellac so would highly recommend you give them a go.

Good luck!

Lucy

I can definitely recommend CND. Just finished Foundation and doing my Brisa, shellac and MINX in Sept. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back