Help Please. Is the course Ive applied for enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen84

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Was hoping someone can help.
Ive applied for a Level 2 Nail Technician Course with a company called Style Training. The course lasts for 8 weeks and is accredited by VTCT.

This next bit is copied from the site and shows what I will gain from the course.

You will study

• History and origins
  • Benefits and effects
  • Who can be treated
  • Contra Indications
  • Consultation and medical referrals
  • Use of tips, gel and acrylic
  • Anatomy and Physiology
  • Treatment theory & practical
  • After care
  • Health and safety & hygiene
The course incudes

Tuition, registration, certification.

• Course folder containing all course notes
  • Refreshment throughout the course.
  • Home study of a written assignment and two case studies.
  • Assessment day which includes practical and a theory paper.
Is this enough to start working properly in a salon or mobile as a nail tech?

Please help as I am due to start this cours next week and dont want to waste my money of this is not the right course for me.

Thank you

Hey there!

Do you have any other beauty qualifications? i.e manicure or pedicure?

If not I find it strange how you would be able to do a course without these, I know when I applied to do my course it was a question that they asked....

It is important to learn about the natural nail and practice doing manciures on friends then go onto learning about acyrlic and gel systems....

Yes I think you can make money just offering nails as there so much more out there than just nail extensions.. you should give sweet squared a call and think about adding shellac and minx to your services :)

Hope that helps x x x

Thanks for your reply.

The course includes manicure and pedicure. And no I dont have any previous experience or qualifications but the course tutor said this didnt matter and everyone is welcome.

I have practised on friends and family and have bought a few nail tech books to get a heads up and a bit of knowledge before I start.

Thanks for the info on minx etc I have been looking into that and hope to do something after this 8 week course.

Just trying to get started in the business and hope to study waxing, tanning etc etc in the future once i gain some experience in the industry.

Forgot to mention the course also includes nail art...

Hmmmm, a bit sketchy on the detail when it says tips gel and acrylic.

You need it to train you to fully understand the application of two colour French overlays and rebalancing maintenance to stand a chance of getting a nail career off the ground.

If I were you I would make further enquiries into this aspect before committing yourself.

Ahh thats good it includes that! I would definalty go for it, aslong as you have researched other courses and you feel this is the best then why not!

I think you should also do spray tanning, I get a lot of clients for that and the course and equipment isnt that pricy!

Good luck with it all :) Im sure you will do great! x x x

Hmmmm, a bit sketchy on the detail when it says tips gel and acrylic.

You need it to train you to fully understand the application of two colour French overlays and rebalancing maintenance to stand a chance of getting a nail career off the ground.

If I were you I would make further enquiries into this aspect before committing yourself.

Yes I forgo about that! Im in the process of learning acrylics and my course didn't state it offered that but it turned out it did, the only thing my course didnt offer which i was disapointed with is the gels/acyrlics natural overlay with sculpting a french manicure :( .......

Thanks for you advice guys.

I know the description I put up was a bit brief, its just what it says on their web page but I do have a full course description on paper and it includes a lot more than what I posted.

I have researched it properly and the company do have all the right accreditors etc like the guild, nvq, vtct, habia and many more.

I just hope I do well, really looking forward to it.

Level 2 includes enhancements in 1 system of choice and 1 colour only. i.e. L&P or UV Gel or fibre. No pink and white, opaques or colour. All systems and colours are in L3

Hi Guys

Just to let you know I have just got back from my first day of my course and I thouroughly enjoyed it. The course is very detailed and offers everything from mani and pedi, acrylics tips and sculptured, rebalance, maintenance and does do pink and white not just the one colour. We will also be learning about nail art and about different products on the market.

Will be practising on each other next week properly then bringing models in to do full sets. Cant wait to go back.

Plus course only has 6 of us on so you can get one to one feedback.

Really looking forward to the next session and cant wait till Im fully qualified.

Latest posts

Back