Help please! My confidence is shattered!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge huge huge thank you to you all for such lovely support and advice. I've taken it all on board and am definitely in better spirits today than yesterday! Fake-It special thanks to you for making me laugh out loud!

I hate not replying to you all individually when you've taken the time to respond but I think I'd just be filling the thread with me so I've gone mad with hearts instead! I'll try answer any of bits in this but sorry if I left anyone out.

Just to clarify none of the nails were lifting they were breaking at the tip if that makes a difference?

The NSI bonder says it's an acid free primer so maybe I need to use a dehydrater aswell.

I'll make sure that I buff nail right to the edges as that sounds like good practise I need to do anyway!

The lady's nails from salon were always very thick so it is possible mine weren't strong enough for her and that I maybe filed down the apex too much! I'll watch for this when I practise.

And yes, I've got tips on my hand. (They're still all intact today, even the one I smashed and trapped!)

So thanks once again. I feel better about asking her to go back to her salon. Think I'll ask some of the girls on the beauty course at college if they'll be victims as they might be a bit more forgiving!!

xxx

Haha they're not "victims" they are models.
What tips are you using and are you sizing them up without flattening them down if you get what I mean as a tip that is too small will tend to crack/split/break.

We've all been like you where we think we're total pants at nails but as soon as you do a set that looks good and lasts your confidence will go sky high.

Hang in there and you will get this sorted xxxxxxx

Haha they're not "victims" they are models.
What tips are you using and are you sizing them up without flattening them down if you get what I mean as a tip that is too small will tend to crack/split/break.

We've all been like you where we think we're total pants at nails but as soon as you do a set that looks good and lasts your confidence will go sky high.

Hang in there and you will get this sorted xxxxxxx

Thanks waffle. They NSI elation tips. Think this is an area I really need to work on. Seeing my tutor tomorrow so going to get her to look at the size of the ones I've put on mine to make sure am using them big enough!!
Looking forward to the set that lasts!! ;) xxxx

Thanks waffle. They NSI elation tips. Think this is an area I really need to work on. Seeing my tutor tomorrow so going to get her to look at the size of the ones I've put on mine to make sure am using them big enough!!
Looking forward to the set that lasts!! ;) xxxx

Good idea best to cover absolutely everything and eliminate all possibilities. Good luck and let us know how you get on xxx

All in a days work kiddo, just think, in a few years time you'll be the one advising some poor, disheartened soul. Just remember we've all been there and haven't been put off. You'll be fine xx

Just a quick update.

I saw my tutor yesterday and she had a good look at the set of nails I put on my hand (still on by the way :) ). She said they look great and feel strong and can't see that I've done anything wrong and that she thinks the lady was maybe biting or picking them. This reminded me I did have to stop her once as I was putting the tips on because she'd put them in her mouth! :lol:

Feel bad that I'm shifting the blame onto her :o and I know my nails are far from perfect and I've still got a way to go, but do feel a bit better that maybe it's not all down to me!

Thanks again for all your help xx

Latest posts

Back