Help Please.....Returning to Hairdressing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisew21

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wondered if anyone could offer me any advice about getting back into hairdressing.
I completed my NVQ Level 1 + 2 about 10 years ago and loved it. I was 18 by the time I had completed it and then went off to work in a holiday camp and never got back into it.
I am now 26, have an 11 month old child and really want to be a hairdresser but I don't know where to start!
I am very rusty so would need some kind of a refresher. I have looked for hairdressing Jobs in Peterborough where I live and all of them require Salon experience which I dont have.
Would I be best trying to find a Job for a junior and would the salon then refresh me or would I need to do a refresher course (I am finding it hard to find a refresher course in my area) There isn't any at the local college and if I go to a private hair academy it will cost a lot which I cant afford!

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone happens to live in or near Peterborough and knows any useful information that would help it would be great!

Thanks for reading.

Louise x

hi hun i am similar , i have been out a few yrs doing more nails and beauty and am slowly getting back into hair ... i have found doing courses really helpful , i dont live in uk anymore but i remeber they used to do wella classes at wholesalers , including cutting and coloring ...theres also loreal acadamies all over uk and the courses are reasonable .. hope this helps dee x

Sadly there are few jobs around at the mo, and a lot of college leavers who won't require full adult minimum wage.
Refresher courses are definately the way forward. Go for the best and most comprehensive you can afford. Also orth vounteering for salon work experience to get that on your CV.

Latest posts

Back