Help pre bonded bonds, gone tacky and soft

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly persianista... I don't appreciate you telling me what to do!!! You have commented to give me advise which I appreciate, (in a pretty stand off way may I add) but Im entitled to see what other people have to say as people have different tips and tricks and ways of doing things, thats how you learn so if someone has commented and I'm speaking to them don't chirp up telling me what to do, just don't comment again if you don't like what im saying, You given me advise end of, but someone else might have a different approach!

I do apologise for giving advice when you posted on a forum asking what to do, because you clearly don't know.
I post in between clients, as I'm a very busy stylist. Sorry if I don't find time to sugar coat, 'Hun'.
I think you just don't want to hear what the answer to your query was. I agree, it's a faff taking the ext out and re-applying, but you know, that's not my fault!!

Firstly persianista... I don't appreciate you telling me what to do!!! You have commented to give me advise which I appreciate, (in a pretty stand off way may I add) but Im entitled to see what other people have to say as people have different tips and tricks and ways of doing things, thats how you learn so if someone has commented and I'm speaking to them don't chirp up telling me what to do, just don't comment again if you don't like what im saying, You given me advise end of, but someone else might have a different approach!

But you were asking her what you should do?
Plus three other people have told you to do the same so why are you so offensive?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have to say Amy I lost count of the rules you've broken...
Trade prices are not given
Rudeness is a no no
We don't recommend over the counte products... We're hair professionals

Maybe a read of the rules would be helpful...
Also persianista is one of our most experienced stylists, extensionists and business owner who goes out of her way to provide first class advice for free!

One day extensionist perhaps?

One day extensionist perhaps?

Hmm. Agreed. Only a non hairdresser would ask for OTC recommendations, wonder why bonds went sticky, then get humpy when given the answer.

I did refrain from pointing out the primary cause of soft bonds, which is not sealing them properly, but I was being nice. Didnt want to make her feel bad as it's her first head...

You didn't have 2 apologise u gave your advise and I understand you can be busy so ain't go time to sugar coat things thats fair enough, I was just trying to see if there was a different way 2 solve the problem like you had said its a faff but if taking them out and reapply is the proper way then that what I will do! So again thanks for the info! I have not ment to cause offence to you, Iv had all different people telling my all different things that why I got this app to see what I could find out, yh it was my 1st head so its not gonna be perfect and yeah I probably did not sealed the bonds as I should of, but I'm still learning and yes it was a 1 day course with belle but what difference does it make as long as i Learn from my mistake can't see it being a problem!!

You didn't have 2 apologise u gave your advise and I understand you can be busy so ain't go time to sugar coat things thats fair enough, I was just trying to see if there was a different way 2 solve the problem like you had said its a faff but if taking them out and reapply is the proper way then that what I will do! So again thanks for the info! I have not ment to cause offence to you, Iv had all different people telling my all different things that why I got this app to see what I could find out, yh it was my 1st head so its not gonna be perfect and yeah I probably did not sealed the bonds as I should of, but I'm still learning and yes it was a 1 day course with belle but what difference does it make as long as i Learn from my mistake can't see it being a problem!!

This is the problem with 1 day courses, you didn't learn properly or you wouldnt have to redo. Also you didn't learn why they were soft

When asking for advice, please be appreciative of the advice given. If you dont appreciate the advice, the next time you ask a question, the answers may not come.

Text speak is not allowed on the forum, I know some do it, but that doesnt make it right. We have many international members who use translators to understand posts. By using text talk you are severely limiting your potential responders.

Hiya can any1 help I'm new 2 extensions, I did a full head of per bonded on my sister about a month ago and now she's is says they feel soft n tacky and some have come out, ( she is only washing them twice a wk if that) and also trying 2 leave them 2 dry naturally as much as poss, some of the bonds feel fine n hard it seems 2 be more on the sides of her head. so I tried 2 go over them again 2 re-seal them but they went even stickier like glue on my fingers it just didn't feel right at all so i stopped , I really don't know what 2 do, I'm scared of doing it on real paying clients incase this happens 2 them! Can any1 plz help n give me some advise. Iv phoned who I did my training with and they still have not got bk 2 me

Thanks

Hiya, so you need to bring her in for a maintenance appointment. You would need to remove any that have gone soft for any of the following reasons:

-Heat/Sun
-Oily product has been in contact with the bonds
-Too much hot heat styling
-Hot sweaty scalp

If you advise her to use coolish/warm water when washing them to prevent any more of this happening.

x

Thanks for the advise

Thank you Mollie, if removal is the only thing to do I will have to do that, I just don't get it coz apart from maybe using the wrong shampoo I wouldn't of thought it would do that to the bonds that bad, oh well up live and learn, so what would you say the best shop bought shampoo is the best to use?? Xx

If you want the hair to stay in good condition and you want to be a professional you DON'T use otc products.

Another non hair pro trained by belle who doesn't fully understand about extensions and aftercare.

Can't help but feel without this "company" they'd be a lot less hair extension help threads in here.

You only need to search about them on here to see how many people weren't happy with the course or customer service afterwards. Also the customer service they receive when they have a complaint about the hair they sell.

You won't get much help from the suppliers usually when you don't use their brand of hair extension shampoo. Just FYI. If you are struggling with your application you should speak to your trainers again. I agree, a paying customer wouldn't be happy no, so be glad it's your sister :)

Can you please recommend best brand of salon professional products to use then, what products do you use or recommend?

I only do micro rings Hun sorry x

Can you please recommend best brand of salon professional products to use then, what products do you use or recommend?

I always recommend X10, my clients all seem pretty happy with that :) u can buy it from Sally's x

As your trainer would usually cover on the course you attended -the main reason for compromised bonds will be after care products containing correct ratio of active ingredients. The other reason why your sister may be having trouble is the fact she is leaving them to dry naturally. The bonds should never be left to dry naturally. The extension hair (mid length to ends will withstand the water penetration) but the bonds will start to breakdown especially is a lesser quality keratin bond such as chinese, korean, american... ect. The damage may well be done now but in future blast the scalp and root sections with a medium heat hair dryer immediately after washing and treating so the bonds are dry. Hope this now helps you .

Thank for your advise studio58 I'm being told and reading that may different things I don't know if I'm coming or going most people have told me to let them dry naturally??

Come on guys this girl is new please treat her with a bit more respect she's said she's new and has apologised and I agree just because one person suggested something doesn't mean she has to take that one advice she was just hoping for other solutions I feel a lot of people have been quite nasty to this person rather than helpful and as for text language that will never change it's in here every single day so you can't single out one person I myself have done just for quick was in between clients x

Another non hair pro! Bit un called for really Iv be doing beauty for 11years hairdressing 6years, yes I'm new to hair extensions but whatever! I'm soo glad this happened on my sister and not a paying customer I would of be gutted so just gotta work at it now and get lots of practice, I feel ok with the methods them self as I do hair already! It's only the past wk or so she's complained about the soft and tacky bonds so I is probably to do with the aftercare and possible I didn't seal the bond as much as I should of its only my 1st proper go as they same practice makes perfect the more I do the more I learn

Latest posts

Back