HELP! Problems with Compressor!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSu

Reaction score
I have been doing spray tanning for a while now and use a 'Busy Bronzer' (turbine) from Sienna X which is brill. However when I first started I purchased a T5000 compressor with spray gun which I never really got the hang off whilst using it.

Now it's sitting gathering dust and I really would like to use it, but just think it does not give the same effect as a turbine (ie. depth of colour), lots of overspray and takes ages to spray a full body!

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the nature of compressors??

I've just swapped from the busy bronzer to the t2000 compressor as the noise of the bronzer was getting unbearable. Admitedly the busy bronzer is very easy to use and offered good overall results, but my clients couldn't hear me, nor I them.
Anyway, assuming your compressor isn't a great deal diff to mine, it has taken a few attempts to get the settings right and I've still not perfected it. best tip I was given, make sure the pressure drops to between 15-20 when you pull the trigger.
As far as I can gather from other posts/users is that you will get more overspray with the compressor than the turbine, but overall use less solution?! Don't quite know how that works, but hey, not been using it long myself so will have to wait and see on that one.
Got to remember that the intial depth of colour is just the guide colour, not the end result. Play around, spraying a white sheet until you are happy with the spray then get some guinea pigs (willing victims of the two legged kind, not the furry four legged sort) and practice/adjust and practice some more. Alternatively find a company that trains with this machine and retrain.:irked: OR failing the above, stick with the busy bronzer, I'm keeping mine as back up (old faithful) until I'm confident with the compressor.
Not sure that's of any help. but good luck.
Kat

I've just swapped from the busy bronzer to the t2000 compressor as the noise of the bronzer was getting unbearable. Admitedly the busy bronzer is very easy to use and offered good overall results, but my clients couldn't hear me, nor I them.
Anyway, assuming your compressor isn't a great deal diff to mine, it has taken a few attempts to get the settings right and I've still not perfected it. best tip I was given, make sure the pressure drops to between 15-20 when you pull the trigger.
As far as I can gather from other posts/users is that you will get more overspray with the compressor than the turbine, but overall use less solution?! Don't quite know how that works, but hey, not been using it long myself so will have to wait and see on that one.
Got to remember that the intial depth of colour is just the guide colour, not the end result. Play around, spraying a white sheet until you are happy with the spray then get some guinea pigs (willing victims of the two legged kind, not the furry four legged sort) and practice/adjust and practice some more. Alternatively find a company that trains with this machine and retrain.:irked: OR failing the above, stick with the busy bronzer, I'm keeping mine as back up (old faithful) until I'm confident with the compressor.
Not sure that's of any help. but good luck.
Kat

Kat,

Are you still using the tc2000? I have been having an absolute mare with mine for ages now

Kat,

Are you still using the tc2000? I have been having an absolute mare with mine for ages now

Yep, got the hang of it now! I had to buy a new hvlp gun, as opposed to the original gun it came with. The original gun only gave a circular spray whereas the new gun has the adjustable spray pattern. I have the compressor set at 20psi, and turn each of the gun settings up by a 1/4 turn from closed. I generally fill the cup half way for each tan. Occasionally a little more depending on the client. I can now spray as I was with the turbine but use a lot less solution. The tan doesn't look as dark as with the turbine, but once the guide colour is washed off, it gives the same result.
I'm assuming this is because it's a much finer spray and I am therefore not overspraying the client. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't need the client to look super dark for the tan to take.
K

Hiya,

That happened to me that I had to change the gun as I was getting serious amounts of overspray - my gun is the pro2000 dunno if that is the same as yours - I can adjust the spray pattern from a circle to an oval and have tried that open half way but have been struggling to work out how much to open the air and solution - tried them both open slightly but I can't even see the guide colour going on (but perhaps I'm blind!!!)

I have it set to 20psi but today when I sprayed the pressure dropped to zero before I got to the bottom of the leg so I'm assuming the air was too far open on the gun?? Surely you should be able to spray down the length of one leg

I have even been talked through the setup with the supplier but for someone to say how many actual 'turns' of the air and solution is much more helpful

Hi
Iv got the cp2500 compressor and the high speed gun, it is so quite, you carnt beet it.
The psi should be set at just below 20.

But me being me i have just purchased the t200, so now im getting rid of my kit.

Jess,

If you don't think you can beat the compressor why have you purchased the T200? So far I have bought a compressor, two different guns and am now thinking do I go and do another training course specifically for compressor & hvlp gun spraying or do I just get a T200..... Have to admit the tans I have done have actually been ok but just caused me great pain while trying to actually do them so I know my settings are way out

Latest posts

Back