Help required, badly bitten nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dooliepops

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I could really do with some help/advice. I have today been approached by a lady with the most shockingly bitten nails. :sad:her son is getting married on Saturday and she had resigned herself that nothing could be done with her nails after the local chinese place refused her.
Somebody suggested that I may be able to do them for her. It's lovely to think that someone has that much confidence in my ability, but I have never had to tackle any nails as bad as these before.
She literally has about a quarter of an inch of nail. The hypenichium is bulbous over the top. I did size up some tips and the only thing I came up with is using CND Velocity tips. I would need to cut the corners off and the well will almost cover the nail! So blending of course.
Please tell me would that be alright?
Also I have L & P, Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel or NSI Gel. Which would be best to do would you think. All suggestions appreciated. Thank you
Sorry it's so long winded :o

Do you sculpt?

You would have to sculpt on these but if they are really short then there's not much contact area and likely they may come off in a few days - so just warm her, however you could recommend a few appointments for her to get her nails to a nice length for the future!

Naio on YouTube - just type in how to apply acrylic to bitten nails and its the first to come up. HTH xx

Could u sculpt them and keep them short and then use whatever gel polish u use? Just tell her they might not last long but at least would be nice for the wedding? X

Thank you for your replies.
I don't sculpt unfortunately and I have already suggested that after the wedding we do some kind of course with Shellac.
I will watch the Naio video now. I suppose I can only do my best :)

Latest posts

Back