Help-ripped nail!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lalita

Reaction score
I recently fell and it pulled my fake nail off with it. It ripped part of my nail and i have no idea what to do!!

Last edited:
Your picture isn’t showing up...

Nope this is what it looks like to me:

18248d62580ee3ac17544e2f4bfdb345.jpg

Absolutely nothing, that needs leaving alone to grow and heal. Any type of cover such as gel or polish is likely to trap bacteria and cause bigger problems. I suspect you will lose the remaining nail as the new growth comes through just as a warning. Regular use of a good quality cuticle oil would be a good idea to promote healthy cell growth. You're looking at months rather than weeks for it to grow through

Absolutely nothing, that needs leaving alone to grow and heal. Any type of cover such as gel or polish is likely to trap bacteria and cause bigger problems. I suspect you will lose the remaining nail as the new growth comes through just as a warning. Regular use of a good quality cuticle oil would be a good idea to promote healthy cell growth. You're looking at months rather than weeks for it to grow through
Okay!! Thank you so much, I wasn't sure and it doesn't hurt really. I just wasn't sure if it would be okay left alone or if it was serious.

Exactly what Trinity said! Ouch!

Latest posts

Back