Help-split nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 132536

Reaction score
Hi ,
I do CND shellac on natural nails only. Yesterday, I removed previous shellac and performed ,PEP and applied colour. All was good with the nails.
However, I must of missed something as the lady has messaged me and one of her shorter nails has split horizontally from the middle of the free edge to the side walls! She said it is not split fully but a thin top layer. This lady does suffer from split nails and I checked after removal and PEP but must have missed it!
I have been lucky up to now not to have dealt with split nails. Obviously, I will have to soak off the shellac but then what to do? Help? Thank you.

Shellac is not recommended for brittle nails, as it's just a hybrid
She will either need an enhancement beneath her shellac, even if it's only meant as a natural overlay
Or you need to change brands to a pure-gel polish line.
CND's creative colours gel polish is such a line, if you want to stay within the brand, so give that a try. Buffing needed.

Shellac is not recommended for brittle nails, as it's just a hybrid
She will either need an enhancement beneath her shellac, even if it's only meant as a natural overlay
Or you need to change brands to a pure-gel polish line.
CND's creative colours gel polish is such a line, if you want to stay within the brand, so give that a try. Buffing needed.
Yeah, I did think I would need to buff it out . I didn’t really want to switch brands. I have some CND creative play colours that I use for stamping so may try these in her. Thanks

There is creative colours normal polish, which is good for stamping, and gel polish. You want the gel polish line

Latest posts

Back