Help - Strange thing appeared on nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eob

Reaction score
Hello

I need a bit of advice regarding something I havent come across before. Unfortunately, I havent got a picture so will do my best to describe it :rolleyes:

A client of mine hadnt been to see me for about three weeks. Obviously her nails had grown up slightly. All her nails were healthy looking as usual apart from one thumbnail. Near the lunula a small vertical split had a appeared on the new natural nail growth. It was raised and it looked like something was trying to come out like a piece of dried skin. It was small and flakey. She said it appeared about a week ago and was not painful. It was not red, inflammed or bruised. She has been unwell for about six months and is taking steriods and other medication associated with her liver.

I really dont know what it can be and have been looking in my books and cannot find anything similar. Sorry if my description is a bit vague but have done my best to describe it. She is going for her routine blood test tomorrow so I have told her to show it to a nurse/doctor.

Anyone have any ideas??

Many thanks
Eob

Hun if you fill out details of your training that you have done and the products that you use in your profile you will get more replies to your questions :hug:

Hun if you fill out details of your training that you have done and the products that you use in your profile you will get more replies to your questions :hug:

Hi ya

Now done!!

Thanks Louby
Em :green:

Your welcome hun, most of us look at your profile before answering so we know you are a professional,
i think you have done the best thing you can by advising her to show the medicals her problem,
it could be from her meds or she could have damaged it and just not remember,
sorry i cant be of more help :hug:

Is it a growth? Because my nail book from school discussed something like that. But I can't remember any of the details. I'll post when I get my hands back on my book later.

Latest posts

Back