help!! this nail trainer is gonna defeat me!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazred

Reaction score
hi ,please, please can u help me ?? i am new to the nail industry & im having big problems. i am currently on a nail course at my local collage which is going great!! im also doing a home learn course from essentail nails & i car'nt get any of the nails to stick to the nail trainer hand without getting air bubbles . i know you have covered this before in forums but ive tryed everything!! i have the right nails for it & i have put glue on the trainer as well as the tip,ive put a glass of water near by,i am pushing up from the bottom of the finger as well( it is defeating me & im not easily defeated!!). i am thinking of quitting this course & just doing the course im on at college because i can do a full set of gel nails (without the airbubbles) on a model just fine . :irked:

what kind of adhesive are you using at the moment - i find gelbond great, never get bubbles with that. can i just ask - what is the glass of water for?? xx

With the EN course I am under the impression that you are told to use nail trainer glue.

Rotating the finger helps with bubbles, if you are using what they call the easy nail (number 3 I think) it's not easy at all, it infact for me was the hardest one.

I used to use the tips that fit the thumb nails (and the larger nails), they are fine if you do this and EN will still mark your work.

Don't give up hun, we all come across hurdles but it is a real sense of achievement when you succeed on a challenge and you will find many challenges in this business.

HTH Teri x:hug:

hi ,please, please can u help me ?? i am new to the nail industry & im having big problems. i am currently on a nail course at my local collage which is going great!! im also doing a home learn course from essentail nails & i car'nt get any of the nails to stick to the nail trainer hand without getting air bubbles . i know you have covered this before in forums but ive tryed everything!! i have the right nails for it & i have put glue on the trainer as well as the tip,ive put a glass of water near by,i am pushing up from the bottom of the finger as well( it is defeating me & im not easily defeated!!). i am thinking of quitting this course & just doing the course im on at college because i can do a full set of gel nails (without the airbubbles) on a model just fine . :irked:

hi hun welcome to the site if you go on the bar at the top were it says search and type in what you need help with you'll find loads of information :green:

the glass of water is for the humidity in the air as this might affect the nails sticking & the glue we get with the course is the only one we are allowed to use thanks for your help anyway xx:) i will try try again!! i will not be defeated by a plastic hand!!!

I did the EN courses too and as Teri said if its on the Number 13 nail the "easy" nail then do not dispair Idid not find this easy either!!

Make sure you are using the nail trainer glue, Take a deep breath be calm and try again!

If you are dispairing, like I did many times when doing the tips I found that once I had got to the point of dispair then STOP!! Have a break and go back when refreshed and calmed down!! Pushing yourself too far feeling that you have to master it there and then will just make it worse, you wont get it and your wasting nails and tips! Which i found out the hard way!!

I found that once I had stopped for a bit and then went back to it, it got much easier!!

Hope this helps

Hi Hun, first of all do not give up as it wil be the best thing that you will ever do for yourself!!! And u have all us for support when you need it!!
Right, once you apply the glue to the nail and tip hold the tip at the bottom then as you place the tip on the nail starting from the free edge "rock" the tip on to the nail slowly which i find squeezes out any bubbles then apply more pressure to set the glue, or maybe your not putting enough on? I hope this helps you x

Don't be too concerned abou this, i had this same problem, what seemed to help was to reduce well, so less area to stress the tip. Also i was told by EN that natural nail are more flexible and would bond better that the nail trainer's nails, they were right, i never had this problem once i finished the course. I also discovered sculpting and now i really don't have this problem lol :)

Try pre-blending the tips too before applying, this makes the well more flexible IMO and easier to aply.

Rachel

Try and use a bit more glue. If its the no 13 nail you ll have to use a tip thats much wider as this nail is very flat. I find working on real nails a hell of a lot easier than the nail trainer so dont worry you 'll get there.

You got some really good advice here, It'll come, promise:hug: .

Teri x

sorry to but in i am having exactly the same problem with the so called easy number 13. now i am going to call it a night and try using a much wider nail tip and see if this helps
ps i have my set up in my bedroom and has anyone else woken up in the night to be scared witless at the shadow of a spooky hand on your ceiling lol
fingers crossed for me if this does not work i will be back
night all!!:green:

lol i woke 1 morning and the kids had put it at the side of my bed with 2 fingers sticking up lol

lol oh btw my kids are 16 and 18
didnt want anyone thinking i teach young children to swear lol

My advice is change the glass of water for vodka, neck it, then pour yourself another and down that too. Then put the nail trainer under the bed/in a drawer/out the window and put your feet up in front of the telly! Try again another day xxx

lol julia, i did wonder!!!

if you can tip a nail trainer nail successfully,
you will have no problems on live ones !!
lol!

hi, i to had big issues with the no. 13 i spoke to sarah at EN numerous times, the advise she gave me was try not to press too hard as the glue is then dispersed to much. firm even pressure! hth lisa x don't give up! i got there in the end and boy was it a good feeling! good luck xx

Latest posts

Back