Help - Trainee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this as I'm currently studying at college, won't bore you lol (all in my profile).

Any way, could anyone help me? I need a few questions answering.

1. Can I use brushes from an art shop or should I buy them from a nail stockist?
  2. I need to purchase lots of odds and sods of nail art/acrylic stuff to complete my course as we're not allowed to use the colleges. They don't need to be expensive as I'm just learning - Does anyone have any suggestions where I can purchase these?
  3. Can I use art shop glitter or is it different and can i get a pictured punch and make my own hearts stars etc??? and what material should i use to make these with.
I'm sure I have loads of other questions but think this'll will keep me going for a while.

Thank you all in advance

Sarah

I buy all my nail art brushes from an art shop.For one thing they are alot finer than you would find in a nail supply shop and alot cheaper!.I also buy all my acrylic paint from art shops,you get a large bottle for 99p and it lasts for ages if you haven`t got a son that paints warhammer!!.

Thanks for that x

Sorry about this but another question, do I need to buy expensive sable brushes for acrylics too? Or can I get these from an art shop too???

Hi Sarah,

For nail art I think you can use art brushes no problem but for acrylic work you need a good quality brush designed especially for the job, which brush are you using at college? The college should also be able to help you with supplies for practice as it is best you use the same product you are training with, do they not offer some sort of student discount for products through the college? I'd ask your tutor for details of the supplier and see if there is a student scheme if I were you, going out and buying different products could be a waste of your money! J x

I don`t buy sable brushes for nail art.they`re too expensive and I tend to ruin quite a few buy leaving them in my water pot.I just use any brush.Some times it says for water colour,sometimes acrylic.In my experience it doesn`t seem to make any difference.I just try to get as fine as possible 5`0` or 10`0` and if they`re still not fine enough snip a few hairs off with scissors! hope this helps,Daryl

:o Sorry Sarah I`ve just re-read your question and I`ve got the wrong end of the stick! When you said acrylic i thought you meant paint!! I use a brush bought from a nail company for my liquid and powder nails.Sorry,Daryl.

I think I must have misunderstood, I was meaning Acrylics as in L&P and not acrylic paints! sorry for the confusion! J x

lol Daryl what are we like!!! J x

Jo Jo,Betwwen the two of us we may have helped!

we've certainly covered every eventuality haven't we!! J xx

My head hurts lol.

Sorry meant acrylic as in powder and not paint lol.

thank you all so much for your help x

Latest posts

Back