Help. Trying to get a job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjolenex

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this but need some advice, I am qualified nvq 1 and 2. I have sent my cv to alot of salons and haven't heard anything back, what's the best way to get in a salon. I haven't got any salon experience I studied at college.is the best way to do voluntary work in a salon or do a refresher course I really don't want to give this up because I really enjoy doing hairdressing but noones giving me a chance. :sad:, Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi
I totally understand. When I finished my level 2 I most of send out a 100's of CV's and only got 2 replays. I've walked around handing them out to salon I knew didn't need staff but you never know someone maybe leave and they may remember you. Long story short I did friends hair whilst waiting to hear back from salons and friends passed my number on to other people and I ending up small mobile business from it and then did my level 3 a while ago. Then 2 years ago opened a small salon but now going back to mobile.

What I would say it start a portfolio. Do friends hair even if its just a simple cut and blow dry. Put on your CV you have a small portfolio that you are building on of work that you have done. Maybe even I small mood bored/poster just could take with you of the kind of work you want to do in the future. Just something to make you stand out if you get an interview. This is something I wish I starting doing when I started hairdressing.

Maybe see if you could get a Saturday job. Even if it means your washing hair all do and you really want to cut and blow dry peoples hair its a start and then your in the salon environment.

Just try and try again that's all you can do. There is no harm in trying.

I love hairdressing I would do it for free I I could but bills to pay.
If you need any advise or anything just ask. I know how hard it is to find a job at the moment.

Good luck hope this has help a little.

Come and join Headmasters. We gave 52 salons nationwide... Look on their website we neeeeddd you! Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back