Help! Understanding teaching qualifications & certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schubby123

Reaction score
hello,

I'm currently level 3 beauty qualified and work within the industry. I want to teach but I am a little confused as to what's required.

My teachers explained to me that I would have to do the Level 5 HND in beauty management (2-3years/£3000) followed by a teaching degree at university which would cost another god knows £0000, as well as all this I would need a vocational assessment qualification £500 so in total around 4 years?

I hear other from other sources you just need some sort of teaching qualification such as "PTTLS" or may be known today as AETS, which there are online courses for, for far less.. And around 1 year?

I also want to further my list of certificates to be more employable but fear that certificates from the likes of salon services and private places will not be recognised as valid for teaching them in colleges etc. How can I know if they will be?

I'm terribly confused as to what is actually required to be a teacher in this industry and what makes certificates legit

Any help appreciated, x

It totally depends. Lots of product company’s will take you on with no teaching qualifications just experience. If you want to do that side of it then just put yourself out there for jobs.

If you want to teach in a college you might be lucky enough to get some hours where they will put you through your awards etc.

What do you want to teach and to who?

It totally depends. Lots of product company’s will take you on with no teaching qualifications just experience. If you want to do that side of it then just put yourself out there for jobs.

If you want to teach in a college you might be lucky enough to get some hours where they will put you through your awards etc.

What do you want to teach and to who?
Hey, thanks for replying, I'm wanting to teach level 3 beauty preferably in colleges, perhaps even advancing to teach level 4 and 5 later on

Hi,

i was wondering this too, ive been looking at going into teaching for a while and have seen you can do an AET, which is the new version of PETTLS, in just 3 days, for under £400!

I dont know if this qualifications will be recognized by anyone though, this is my issue. :(

With the AET you can teach people 14 years plus. You also need to bear in mind your insurance company, as they have rules about how long you have done the treatments that you want to teach, etc x

Latest posts

Back