Help wanted! Coverage of grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm new to Salon Geeks! Recently passed NVQ Level 2, starting level 3 in sept. I have a friend that has a high percentage of grey (see photos attached) and would like t-section foils, roots tinted and then toned to ash blonde. I've never really tackled this much grey! I'm training in Wella, am I right in thinking I would use Blondor in foils 6%, flood the roots with kp 9/00 (grey not resistant) And then tone with colour touch 8/81 1.9%? Feedback would be appreciated! Many thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 49
Sounds all fine, but start your application of blondor in foils with 1.9% as it might take you some time to flood and process the retouch. This way you wont overprocess.

Sounds all fine, but start your application of blondor in foils with 1.9% as it might take you some time to flood and process the retouch. This way you wont overprocess.
Thank you! That makes sense, especially as im not very speedy at foils at the moment.

Oh and that is preference but I would use something like a base 8 mixed with some cool shade as her back looks fairly dark so it would come out warm.

Also colour touch 8/81 is a nice cool shade for toning but it will develop in 30 sec why not use something lighter like in abase 9 or 10?

Oh and that is preference but I would use something like a base 8 mixed with some cool shade as her back looks fairly dark so it would come out warm.

Also colour touch 8/81 is a nice cool shade for toning but it will develop in 30 sec why not use something lighter like in abase 9 or 10?
That's good to know. Something like 9/16 or 10/16? Would 9/16 be better as she'll be a base of a 9?

That's good to know. Something like 9/16 or 10/16? Would 9/16 be better as she'll be a base of a 9?

With the first I mean the base rather one level darker to cover better and expose less warmth
and second the toner rather 1 or 2 levels lighter to avoid overtoning.

Latest posts

Back