help which polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smifmadcow

Reaction score
hi all i am very new to all this. first time i have posted and did a tech course a couple of weeks ago. wanting to buy 'ordinary' polish and some gels. i know that people will say that everyone is different and you need to buy and try different brands but there are soooo many to choose from and would really like some advice on whether it be china glaze, jessica, OPI etc. also do you need to buy the same crackle glaze with the same brand varnish or can you mix and match ?
i got my friend to be my first 'victim' last night and did just a couple of gel extensions which i have to say were quite good. we did soak them off straight away and took about 45 mins .... is this normal ? or do you think i put the gel on too thick ?
i then put gel polish on - sorry cant remember the brand - and really could not get the stickyness off ? any ideas i did wipe etc as course tutor suggested but i really wasnt happy with it - she said she was. then gel polished my own and really not happy with finish on mine either so think i brought a cheap brand which is why i am asking the question re which polish.
apologies for such a long 1st support msg but have been reading through for the last couple of days and everyone seems to be so helpful that i thought i would ask.

hope some of you can help :rolleyes:

Hi!!! I just joined today to :) may I ask what gel product you use? With me I use NSI and I have what is called cleanse to remove the tacky layer im sure your product must have something similiar :)

As you say everyone has a different opinion on what nail polishes to use but after a while you would have tried some and find what you like honestly I have so many different brands but I do love OPI but then again have different top coats etc im sure you will find something :) x

Oh sorry I forgot and as for the soaking off, did you file off the top coat before you started soaking off? That might be why it took so long :)

Latest posts

Back