Help with achieving silver/grey hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calliek

Reaction score
Hey,

I have been scouting this site for an hour or so looking for answers and i figured it easier to write a thread and hope people will answer..
so,

i have a client with short hair, she was having blonde h/ls (somewhere else) and then went to a full head bleach, she came to me wanting me to tone it so its an ashy/silver almost grey colour (she likes it more grey than silver)

The salon im in only allow me to use clynol colours so i dont have much experience with others (so if suggesting others please put names and numbers..)

i have tried the clynol crystal toner, 12.22 and 12.1, i have tried luo po1 and all of them tone to a gorgeous blonde, but not the silvery colour that she is after. the ends tone super quick to the grey colour (because of the bleach before) but them roots will just not budge!

I am considering bringing in a toner myself so any advice on which to consider would be very much appreciated because i just dont know enough about the other colour brands yet to make an educated choice!

Hey,

I have been scouting this site for an hour or so looking for answers and i figured it easier to write a thread and hope people will answer..
so,

i have a client with short hair, she was having blonde h/ls (somewhere else) and then went to a full head bleach, she came to me wanting me to tone it so its an ashy/silver almost grey colour (she likes it more grey than silver)

The salon im in only allow me to use clynol colours so i dont have much experience with others (so if suggesting others please put names and numbers..)

i have tried the clynol crystal toner, 12.22 and 12.1, i have tried luo po1 and all of them tone to a gorgeous blonde, but not the silvery colour that she is after. the ends tone super quick to the grey colour (because of the bleach before) but them roots will just not budge!

I am considering bringing in a toner myself so any advice on which to consider would be very much appreciated because i just dont know enough about the other colour brands yet to make an educated choice!

You could try using Wella Colour Touch 8/81 (Silver) to tone. But keep your eye on it as it is toning because you don't want to end up with a dark, grubby looking grey. Considering it's an 8/ you don't want to leave it on for very long.

Why not add Wella Koleston (special mix) 0/81 its a very greyish color!!

Mix it with a 10/0+ 0/81 or 10/1 +0/81 depending how much ash you want it, sounds like this lady might want the last option? But be careful dont take too much of the 0/81 as it is v greyish!

or use Wella Koleston Perfect 10/8 + /81 mixertone .. :)

I think either Lauras and Dommys suggestions work as good:) But think lauras a bit better due to the ash:smack:

Latest posts

Back