Help with advertising.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy-Mai

Reaction score
Hi - I have recently qualified and want to go mobile. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on advertising, without spending loads! Should I post business cards through peoples doors, if they interested then they would phone for prices instead of printing leaflets with prices on. What are your thoughts????

Hi are you doing nails at a reduction due to being newly qualified? as I found this was one of the best ways of advertising "word of mouth" I gave out price lists that I had printed out myself to all initial clients friends and relatives and asked them to give them out to their friends relatives and work colleagues I also put price lists in tanning salons and many staff canteens after asking permission. I built up quite a good regular clientèle from this that are still with me to this day but you will always get the ones that will only stay with you whilst your prices are low.

Hi hun I went mobile just 2 weeks ago I had three clients last week all friends and family I have offered friends and family half price treatments for 1 month, and have had postcards made up by vistaprint offering £3 off Mani's and Pedi's and £5 off Acrylics and my lovely avon lady has offered to post them out with her books she covers 300 houses in my area. Also I pinched a refferal system from this site so for every one who comes through the door I give them 5 business cards with there name in the corner and tell them to pass them on and if 2 or more come back they get a half price treatment in return.:)

Last edited:
Hiya

I went mobile. i got buisness cards through vistaprint and put my prices on them. Ive put them up in newsagents, post offices, advertised on the internet (adzooks) and put them on notice boards in shopping centres and also got magnetic door signs made for my car too.
They all have seemed to work. Think I'l try going round a few tanning salons though too ha ha

Thank you everyone for all your help x

Latest posts

Back