Help with balayage extensions - nano

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexica1

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im due to do a consultation today for a lady who had brown hair just at her shoulders. She told me she wanted a balayage effect but just from hair extensions as she didnt want to put bleach on her own hair. She was due to go to the salon and have her hair dyed brown and then I was going today to do her consultation. So ive spent the last few days researching colour placement.

Shes messaged me this morning saying she already had a balayage dyed in to her hair and could I still do her extensions. Shes also said she doesnt like the ombre or dip dye extensions so wants the balayage extending with individual strands of different colours. And now Im lost.

If the ends of her hair are blonde surely even a row of brown is going to cause horizontal stripes? Or am I just having a total mental block? Up to now my clients have either had block colour or mixed highlights so this is new to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi, I had my own hair dyed ombre about 2 years ago, with the intention of having blonde extensions. My hairdresser however, recommended that I have mostly blonde with some brown extensions fitted in order to make the colours blend, and it looked awful! I had the horizontal stripe as you said! Brown root, light ends, against the brown extensions! After a few months I went somewhere else that fitted only blonde extensions, which blended really nicely. I still have ombre with only blonde extensions, the only thing you have to be careful of is the colour of the rings - light rings will stand out against dark roots, so it's handy if you can colour match the rings to her root colour!

Hope this helps :)

Awh thankyou. Yes that helps.

This lady has hair that reaches her shoulders and she wants 18 inch extensiosn. Its going to look like shes got a brown helmet on if I dont manage to talk her in to a shorter length

I did my first set of nano rings for a client with Balayage hair. Go on my hair extension instagram account @e.l.extensions and have a look on there. I colour matched the light and the dark colour and order 140 strands, 40 blonde and 100 brown. It looked perfect! I was unsure like you before I was going to put them in, so when i took a piece of hair, fitted the nano ring to it, if it had blonde at the ends, i put a blonde one in and kind of just dotted them around like that, it looked perfect. My client was so happy and she is coming back to me for a refit, she said she hates the thought of being without them now!

Balyage is not an ombre just to point out, Balyage is just highlights placed randomly an ombre is when the top is dark and the bottom is blonde

I did my first set of nano rings for a client with Balayage hair. Go on my hair extension instagram account @e.l.extensions and have a look on there. I colour matched the light and the dark colour and order 140 strands, 40 blonde and 100 brown. It looked perfect! I was unsure like you before I was going to put them in, so when i took a piece of hair, fitted the nano ring to it, if it had blonde at the ends, i put a blonde one in and kind of just dotted them around like that, it looked perfect. My client was so happy and she is coming back to me for a refit, she said she hates the thought of being without them now!

I'm following you on Instagram ....love your work!
What supplier did you use when you done this particular balayage/Nano client?

I'm following you on Instagram ....love your work!
What supplier did you use when you done this particular balayage/Nano client?
Thank you! I used transform, the hair was fitted in sept, and she says it is still in great condition, although now thinking about having a weave x

Latest posts

Back