Help with bitten nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare Thewlis

Reaction score
Hi all I’m in desperate need of some advice I’ve had a lady message myself wanting acrylic nails however she has very bitten down nails she knows they are bad and is asking really if there’s a possibility I can transform them I do love a challenge
However I’m actually wondering if I’m maybe going to struggle with this can anyone help me out pleeeeaaassseeer I’m presuming I could fit a tip as there’s not much nail to work on, am I right in thinking I could build up a bit of a free edge with acrylic over the natural nail then build up with forms to add a slight length????
Help!!!!!

Suzie on nail career education (YouTube) has a great vid on bitten nails, I believe she custom fit the forms to the nails then sculpted them, but left them quite short. You want to get as much of the nail plate revealed as poss, and I know from doing my friends nails with a terrible nail biting habit, don’t leave anything that could be picked or chewed at, make sure your lines are really smooth and clean.

Oooo thank you I’ll have a watch and hopefully it will help x

Have a look at this brilliant video by Gemma Lambert showing how to extend severely bitten nails.

Option 1: Tip
Option 2: Complete Sculpt
Option 3: Build a slight free edge (place your brush backwards when applying small bead and blend back) then fit form and sculpt :)

Latest posts

Back