Help with Custom Blended Manicure Please Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jora

Reaction score
I'm working with Custom Blended Manicure I've done it on a few clients. Looks great. Now I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. Does anyone know the steps for this? I guess specifically at every fill do you replace clear acrylic at cuticle area before putting on colored acrylic? Also after buffing colored acrylic what do I do before applying finish gel(Brisa). Do I swipe with scrubfresh and then liquid bond? I'm just a little confused :lol:
Thanks
Holly

Hi Holly
I wouldnt put clear in the cuticle area but the colour of the acrylic you used in Zone 2 & 3. in regards to finishing this is the same as any french or colour you use. Buff back with koala and solar oil to remove any scratches then if applying polish squeek with scrubfresh to remove any oil residue, dont know how the liquid bond helps as i am not a Brisa girl. Hope this helps you .

Jora said:
I'm working with Custom Blended Manicure I've done it on a few clients. Looks great. Now I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. Does anyone know the steps for this? I guess specifically at every fill do you replace clear acrylic at cuticle area before putting on colored acrylic? Also after buffing colored acrylic what do I do before applying finish gel(Brisa). Do I swipe with scrubfresh and then liquid bond? I'm just a little confused :lol:
Thanks
Holly

Hiya Holly,
I've been performing CND Custom Blended Manicures/Pedicures on a number of my regular clients for a few months now - and we're loving it!
When re-ballacing there is no need to apply clear L+P to zone 3 first, your blended colours can go straight on. Remember to thoroughly check for and remove any lifted product before applying - I know that seems obvious, it's just that lifting is harder to spot when zone 2 and 3 are opaque.
As for UV Finishing Gloss, there should be no need to apply liquid bond to colored L+P. Liquid Bond is designed to be applied to the natural nail. In my experience, to get the best results using UV Finishing gloss with L+P enhancements (Custom Blender or Traditional) do the following:
after refining the surface with the 240 side of your Koala as normal,
dust them down,
ScrubFresh,
apply and cure an even layer of Brisa UV Finishing gloss,
Remove the inhibition layer with ScrubFresh and a plastic backed pad,
THEN apply SolarOil and rub in with your fingers.
UV Finishing Gloss sticks best to a rough, oil free surface when being applied to L+P, so don't oil and buff the enhancements to a shine first.

Hope this helps you.
Good luck! :)

p.s, if anyone reading this knows a better, more correct way of doing this, please let us know! I'm sure the Grand Master Geek will kick my butt if I've got this wrong! :)

Soory for being a doughnut but what is the inhibition layer?

Your not a doughnut! The inhibition layer is a sticky layer of uncured gel left on the surface of the gel enhancement after curing in a UV lamp.
If you are interested in becoming a 'Brisa girl' :) providing you have already qualified with CND at Foundation level with L+P you can do a one day Brisa Induction Course at your local Creative Nail Academy. I highly recommend it, it's great! I was a big gel skeptic at first, but the Brisa system has won me over. I still perform L+P on the majority of my clients, but Brisa a fantastic service to offer along side it. The best bit is not having to turn away clients who 'only want gel'.
Feel free to pm me any questions.

fee-fo said:
Your not a doughnut! The inhibition layer is a sticky layer of uncured gel left on the surface of the gel enhancement after curing in a UV lamp.
If you are interested in becoming a 'Brisa girl' :) providing you have already qualified with CND at Foundation level with L+P you can do a one day Brisa Induction Course at your local Creative Nail Academy. I highly recommend it, it's great! I was a big gel skeptic at first, but the Brisa system has won me over. I still perform L+P on the majority of my clients, but Brisa a fantastic service to offer along side it. The best bit is not having to turn away clients who 'only want gel'.
Feel free to pm me any questions.

Thanks for the quick response.

From experience I find a 240 grit finish can cause balding with BRiSA finishing gloss. I would personally use the 180 grit blizzard or equivalent to refine the L&P, and then apply the finishing gloss.

Latest posts

Back