Help with ezflow L&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzybaby

Reaction score
Hello everyone
me again looking for more help!!!

I've just done a new client, a full set of natural liquid and powder

everything was going great until I came to buff the nails with my grey wolf and grey fox

on four of them in zone 3 was lifting I hadn't touched the cuticle it was lifting just slightly at the end and was opaque.

I can't understand what I've done wrong this is the first time this has happened to me

can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

also how can I stop my balls from having the slightest bit of powder on the top after they've been in the monomer?

thanks everyone

a few reasons,
you have not done enough prep to start with, ie removed all non living tissue from the nail plate, it doesnt matter if you are no where near the cuticle if you havent removed all non living tissue you will get lifting.
your ratio is out, i read how do you stop powder still being on the brush, you are working whey to dry, a good bead should look like a pearl not too wet and definately no powder.
talk me through your prep, also are you using HD. if you are then this system needs to be treated differently ie filing

Hi Joanne
I don't think it's my prep as I always do the same
I use creative s cuticle remover and ezflow cuticle knife to remove any cuticle on the nail plate remove with citrusoak I then use grey fox to remove any shine on nail plate use cuticle knife again then use ezbond two coats apply tips then primer
this was different almost like I hadn't pushed it on the nail plate but I thought I had!!!

I use ezflow a polymer powders not hd and the dust that I mean is just at the top of my bead the bead itself is as you described

don't know if I'm describing myself properly!!!!

ezflow's prep is dry prep.
use your pro pusher to remove non living tissue from nail plate then gently remove surface shine, then 2 coats of ezbond then tip then ezbond again then primer.
if you are using a too wet bead in zone 3 when you bring it over zone 2 you will have problems as the product will be to thin and wet and when you come to finish you will just file the product off.
just use a very small bead place at the end of zone 2, than pat/push gently up to the cuticle area, as apposed to placing your bead in the gap between cuticle and zone 2 and pulling the product up too zone 2..if you see what i mean.

Hello everyone
me again looking for more help!!!

I've just done a new client, a full set of natural liquid and powder

everything was going great until I came to buff the nails with my grey wolf and grey fox

on four of them in zone 3 was lifting I hadn't touched the cuticle it was lifting just slightly at the end and was opaque.

I can't understand what I've done wrong this is the first time this has happened to me

can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

also how can I stop my balls from having the slightest bit of powder on the top after they've been in the monomer?

thanks everyone

I just read your profile mate and I think what you are doing is confusing your Creative and Ezflow training.
As Joanne has aleady told you there's no need to use a cuticle remover in your prep if using A Polymer and Q Monomer.
The lifting may be caused by the acrylic not being properly pressed onto the nail plate and the fact your ratio is out.
Also check that your liquid or powder is not contaminated.

Are you using the 3 bead application method or the EZFlow 5 bead?

Was it lifting before you filed it or did it disappear as you filed it?

It sounds to me like there isn't enough product at the cuticle area, hence it's filing away, and you are working too dry by the sounds of the powder on the bead.

the two things are an issue, firstly using creative cuticle remover - not designed for use with EzFlow products, and if your mix is too wet you will suffer immediate lifting (or more acuratly incomplete adhesion).

i thought so, you did post this problem before 03/04/07. if you are still having issues it is because you are still using cuticle remover brefore application.

i thought so, you did post this problem before 03/04/07. if you are still having issues it is because you are still using cuticle remover brefore application.

Hi thanks for your replies
the previous post was regarding lifting after the client had had the set on for a few days have since discovered that even though a full consultation was conducted she uses a cream that contains parrafin wax and pours some stuff in her bath too!!! this explains her terrible lifting when I posted the previous thread I was having real problems now I have come along way all my family and friends keep there nails on with hardly any lifting even using the cuticle remover!!
this is different ...
when I went to buff the nails the product had lifted just slightly on four of the nails it wasn't too thin it was almost like it just hadn't stuck for use of a better phrase!!!
I am taking on board what everyone is saying about creative's cuticle remover but have also been told that you can use it with ezflow as it's clear and as long as it is removed!!!
This would make sense as too why the acrylic didn't adhere to the nail plate
Do you not think that dry prep is abit harsh?

having only trained with creative previously it sort of feels alien!!!
thanks again guys for your advice:hug:

Are you using the 3 bead application method or the EZFlow 5 bead?

Was it lifting before you filed it or did it disappear as you filed it?

It sounds to me like there isn't enough product at the cuticle area, hence it's filing away, and you are working too dry by the sounds of the powder on the bead.

Hi Cathie I am using the three bead method
Haven't been shown the five bead!!!

Hi thanks for your replies
the previous post was regarding lifting after the client had had the set on for a few days have since discovered that even though a full consultation was conducted she uses a cream that contains parrafin wax and pours some stuff in her bath too!!! this explains her terrible lifting when I posted the previous thread I was having real problems now I have come along way all my family and friends keep there nails on with hardly any lifting even using the cuticle remover!!
this is different ...
when I went to buff the nails the product had lifted just slightly on four of the nails it wasn't too thin it was almost like it just hadn't stuck for use of a better phrase!!!
I am taking on board what everyone is saying about creative's cuticle remover but have also been told that you can use it with ezflow as it's clear and as long as it is removed!!!
This would make sense as too why the acrylic didn't adhere to the nail plate
Do you not think that dry prep is abit harsh?

having only trained with creative previously it sort of feels alien!!!
thanks again guys for your advice:hug:

I'd leave this step out and I'm sure you will get much better results hun.
It's better to work as you've been trained. :hug:

I think I'm getting confused...
I have just re - read the previous thread in question and I don't know why I have started to use the cuticle remover again???

I think it must be habit or I'm going mad!!!

thanks everyone for their patience
I will remove the cuticle remover from my desk to stop me grabbing it!!!

thanks again

listen to Antony when querying EzFlow, and do remove that cuticle remover from your desk. may be a good idea to do a conversion of workshop with EzFlow if this is your choice of L&P system to iron out potential problems and change your habits with backing of product trained educators

listen to Antony when querying EzFlow, and do remove that cuticle remover from your desk. may be a good idea to do a conversion of workshop with EzFlow if this is your choice of L&P system to iron out potential problems and change your habits with backing of product trained educators

the thing is when I did my training I was shown to use cuticle remover by my trainer Sonia who doesn't believe in dry prep.. Her work is fantastic and I followed her advice..
Since training i have discovered the dry prep, but with Creative it is also cuticle remover so even tho Anthony Buckley advised no cuticle remover I did try it but as I said thought it to be harsh... so went back to the remover so far I've had no problems until today

Well I have learnt my lesson and will follow the guidelines from now on as opening my own business I don't need my nails to be under standard!!!!

I don't think I need a conversion course just to do as I'm advised

thanks everyone

Although I don't do it, EzFlow do have cuticle removers the 2 in 1 etc., but I just use this for pedicures. Do you use the pro pusher?

Have never had any problem with lifting following EzFlows guidelines, but am thinking that the opaque colour you are are seeing is powder and not the correct ratio, you have to work a bit wetter with EzFlow.

Hun if you are not sure contact your educator or pm me if I can help:)

Latest posts

Back