Help with Finger Wave Pls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileKat

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an NVQ L2 student, trying to master (lol) the art of finger waving, any advice or helpful tips would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance xxx

Argh! I hated doing finger waves! I always found it easier to clip the wave above each 's' bend to hold it in place. :)

Thanks Donna, I've tried that, I can do it (with a few effs & jeffs along the way) Just thought "Dear Lord, there must be an easier way of doing this", obviously not that polite though.

Katrine x

finger waves are horrible! just when i think i get the hang of them they go wrong again. im having trouble with french plait atm its so fiddly and i dont have the patience!

finger waves - use a gazillion of gel and clip into place!!!

french plait - have you tried it on wet hair? and i find it easier to do an inside out french plait - tuck the hair under instead of over. it makes the plait sit neater too i think. :) xxx

Yeah I've tried it on wet hair I get half way down the hair and I just mess it up, I think I just need to stay calm and not get stressed out! Hah
Posted via Mobile Device

try youtube for a tutorial!!

poss not the most professional advice but dont be afraid of getting the model to move their head in whatever way you need them too....get them to put their head right down when you get to the middle and the end to get it right tight in at the bottom. this is where most people get stuck though, so your doing well if you have got there already!!! :D xxx

Everyones so nice on here and helpful aha! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

lol its usually me recieving the advice...but you should always be able to find someone to help you with stuff, wish id found it years ago :D xxx

everyone usually has something helpful to say
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back