Help with foundation or primer that lasts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sn1234

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a primer and/or foundation that lasts. Halfway through the day my foundation seems to be sliding off my face and I look really shiny but if I apply more powder it just looks cakey and clumpy :( I feel like I've tried so many different kinds of foundation. I have combination skin and get quite an oily t zone. Thanks in advance

Nivea for men post shave balm/ Laura mercier primer, Mac Pro long wear/ revlon colour stay mix for foundation and Mac fix plus/ urban decay all night to set. Works for me and stays put for my 14 hour shifts!

Do you find Nivea post shave balm is good for oily skin ? I've not tried but heard all good things. Just presumed it would be for sensitive/dry skin x

Nivea post shave balm for sensitive skin is an amazing primer and Estée Lauder double wear foundation lasts for ages!

Ive heard amazing things about the Nivea post shave balm too! Need to try it x

I've never heard of the Nivea post shave balm being used as a primer I'll give it a go! Does the double wear end up looking cakey?

Even though the post shave balm is apparently for sensitive skin it seriously broke me out.
It isn't designed to be used daily.
Just keep an eye on your skin if you do use it. x

The double wear is a bit more heavy duty as I used to use bb creams. But I just love that it stays on all day, covers all my skin problems and I don't have to re touch it :) you can always get a sample to try :)

I tried so many primers and the Nivea balm did nothing but make my skin break out badly ! And I use environ skin care products so generally my skin is well hydrated and not reactive so I chucked that away quickly!

Have a look at benefit mattifying porefessional gel they have launched this quite recently and should have samples available to try.

If you use a powder I find Mac mineralize a lot better for me to avoid the caked look. THe studio fix powder is great for extra coverage but I prefer the basic blott powder or the mineralize. Use a fixing spray like fix plus if you re apply powder during the day this will eliminate the cake face look.

Also on a more skin care based question: if you on a good skin care routine at home your skin will eventually normalize, environ helps to normalize the skin , I have had so many clients with very oily or reactive skins now becoming normal as opposed to the hectic over production of oil before. Obviously hormones climate and other conditions influence the condition too.

Good luck xx

Vitage Natural daily perfect or is a wonderful mousse effect primer

Latest posts

Back