Help with Gelish Hard Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a bit of a melt down this morning, I supplied a set of sculpted nail extensions on a client last night and I wasn't 100% happy with the result. I felt awful but charged her as I would... She seemed happy enough and was even prepared to give me an extra £5 which I refused and she asked to be booked in again in 3 weeks. I recently trained in GHG and have all the proper kit :) I am not offering cheaper GHG nails whilst I am still perfecting my skill as I have found in the past, the less you charge, the less people look after there nails. I have done other gel extension courses over the years as I want to be the best I what I do.

The client had small fingers and nail beds with very flat nails, so applying the forms were a bit of a mission but my main problem I think, was, I am making my hard gel too thick on the nail plate and I am looking for a more experienced Gelish hard gel user to advise on how thick this product actually needs to be applied... I think I am building the nail up too much and this was one of the critisisms from my tutor but from using other systems its abit of a tough habit to get out of.
Also, I find the brush on white a struggle to use. I find it is quite thick and streaky - I suppose with time I will get better at applying this - sheek white is soooo much easier to use.

I didnt take any pics - which maybe I should of?

Hope someone can help... PS have watched the youtube videos over and over as well, and the youtube shows a slightly different technique to how I was taught and the nails produced on youtube do look thin.... Many thanks :)

Hi I've had a play with the hard gel. I followed the application (loosely) as per the YouTube video and have been very happy. It is quite a thin extension at the free edge but built up at the stress area.
I used the 'log' method to build a good apex, then teased the gel out toward the free edge with the tip of the brush.

Thanks Dol for your reply :) I use the tear drop method which I think is similar to the log method - but what I do then is put another smaller tear drop on the nail. I think this is where I am going wrong. I think I should just stick with the one application, shape and then use thin layers for french....

Latest posts

Back