Help with hair extension business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbyj

Reaction score
Hi all

im a qualified hairdresser and was trained in micro rings in 2013, i've had a break after having a baby so did another course updating my skills. Im really struggling to get clients. I fitted a few sets for free and the clients brought the hair but none have come back..they were over the moon with them but when they should of come back to me for removal/maintenance they didnt and removed yhem themslves as they didnt want to pay me for this.

I dont know if its because im in a small suburb( not saying where I am)
or something else. Ive been really clear on charges and dont charge a lot for removal/maintenance. Ive advertised on Gumtree have a fb page and also advertised on local selling pages on fb as well as advertising on the salon page andd my personal page.

I am charging 150 for fitting including mid range hair. I charge £85 for just fitting their own hair and removal fees vary depending on how rhe client has looked after them.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

anyone know what im doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. You have to persevere. Clients don't come flooding, keep advertising and you'll get there. I started off doing maybe 1 client every 2 weeks, 3 years later I do around 3 clients a day, 5 days a week x

To say the hair is mid range and you supply & fit for 150 is a bit off putting for me. It rings alarm bells a little. I use mid range hair and it costs me over 200 to buy. I only fit every couple of months but it's not my main business just extensions, I do lots of maintance tho, word of mouth is the best marketing for extensions, so ask your customers to recommend people to you

To say the hair is mid range and you supply & fit for 150 is a bit off putting for me. It rings alarm bells a little. I use mid range hair and it costs me over 200 to buy. I only fit every couple of months but it's not my main business just extensions, I do lots of maintance tho, word of mouth is the best marketing for extensions, so ask your customers to recommend people to you
Thank you both for replying. I really appreciate it.Do you think about im too cheap surfgirl? And thats putting people off? X

Possibly.... I do have a budget option on my pricelist which is £175 including hair and fitting and ive done this once... people aren't interested as they see the word budget and the price and put them together and realise it's not going to be great. I've never had an issue with clients quibbling my prices... if they like your work they'll pay the prices xx

Thank you both for replying. I really appreciate it.Do you think about im too cheap surfgirl? And thats putting people off? X
Yea but that's only my opinion, I have so many people who are horrified when I tell them it's £250 + they'd love your prices lol so it may be fine? Do you both mind me asking where you get hair at that price? @hairbyj & @courtjb91 I'm looking for budget but can't find anything half decent for less than £150 :(

Latest posts

Back