Help with home salon insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi

I am pulling my hair out at the moment trying to find an insurance policy to cover me as I have decided to stop doing mobile and have converted a room at home. I have my proffesional beauty insurance however i need something to cover me in case the client falls over in my house and decided to sue me!!! I am drawing a complete blank and have been phoning loads of commercial insures but none will offer me what I need. My own home insurance will also not cover me! Can anyone who has a home salon point me in the right direction????? I am sure there must be a company that does this as I am sure home salons must have public liability.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Laura:grr::grr:

Check with your Professional beauty insurance - I am with Prof Beauty Direct and Public Liability is included.

Hi Fiona

You are covered for public liability for injury resulting from treatments but not
if say the client fell down my stairs and broke a leg. This is what I need the cover for.

Thanks anyway
Laura

Hi Fiona

You are covered for public liability for injury resulting from treatments but not
if say the client fell down my stairs and broke a leg. This is what I need the cover for.

Thanks anyway
Laura

Have you done a risk assessment as I would imagine that is something the insurers will need.

Why not contact your council and see if they can offer any advise.

Insurance | Business Link

Or try this site it's very helpfull

Hi Louise

Basically my home salon will be one of my spare bedrooms which I am going to kit out properly. The clients will need to therefore come upstairs to the room, its a normal stair case with a rail and no scraggy carpets, hazards etc to fall on. Obviously I will may sure there are no hazards for my clients but you just never know some people as they want to sue for anything these days. I just worry in case something did happen that you must have adequate insurance to cover anything. I would assume that salons on the high street have similar policies in case a client slipped on there premises.

I did ring my local council as i assumed that someone would want to inspect and now about me but they werent at all bothered whch seemed odd!!!! The only thing they queried were paying business rates at the property but as i can put my room back to a bedrom this doesnt count.

I am sure there must be an answer to this problem!I just want to do things properly

thanks again
Laura

Hi Louise

Basically my home salon will be one of my spare bedrooms which I am going to kit out properly. The clients will need to therefore come upstairs to the room, its a normal stair case with a rail and no scraggy carpets, hazards etc to fall on. Obviously I will may sure there are no hazards for my clients but you just never know some people as they want to sue for anything these days. I just worry in case something did happen that you must have adequate insurance to cover anything. I would assume that salons on the high street have similar policies in case a client slipped on there premises.

I did ring my local council as i assumed that someone would want to inspect and now about me but they werent at all bothered whch seemed odd!!!! The only thing they queried were paying business rates at the property but as i can put my room back to a bedrom this doesnt count.

I am sure there must be an answer to this problem!I just want to do things properly

thanks again
Laura

I understand what you are after and suggest you take a look at the link and see what help you can get from Business Link they are a very helpful bunch.

Best of luck.

When I was home based my household insurance was with Tesco's. They covered me in case anyone injured themselves on my property. The only thing they wouldn't cover was if any client stole something from my house.
Try checking with home insurance company, you'll have to inform them anyway.

thanks Louise I shall check out the website.
I phoned our home insurance and they wouldnt cover me under our household policy but i will have a look at tescos as my hubby thinks we could probably change all of it now as we have been with the same one for ages and havent compared prices.
Would still love to hear who everyone else is with!!
Thanks again, this site is invaluable!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back