Help with kids nails, which nail varnish to use etc?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxsarahxx

Reaction score
Hi I'm qualified in luxury manicure and pedicures and going to do mini manciures and pedicures on kids. I've been practicing on my little girl and her friends , they are 5 but I'm finding it a nightmare , they are to impatient and the nails get ruin, can you's recommend a kid friendly quick drying nail varnishes to use? Also when you's paint kids nails do you's do base coat and top coat as I'm finding that's added on loads time and the kids get to impatient. Thanks

Gd question, im in same position with my daughter lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vinyl lux from CND dries faster and stays longer than reg nail polish😉 just use scrub fresh and paint.

I just paint and a very thin layer of quick dry topcoat.
If I can get away with one layer of colour I do. Essence used to do amazing quick dry drops. Seriously one drop on each nail and they were dry in 5 seconds. They discontinued them so we stocked up and bought the last 5 they had in the chemist and now they're all gone :( We have a princess salon so do a lot of kids and I really miss these drops now. If you can find them BUY AS MANY AS YOU CAN.

I don't do children's nails, but I did (as a favour) A friends daughters nails, to match mummy's for their holiday. I used a Leighton Denny ridge filling base (no nasties I believe) which dries quickly, a polish, and I finished with the HK Girl fast dry super shiny top coat. I know this has no formaldehyde in it. I can't rave about this top coat enough. It really is fast drying, including the layers underneath. I have tried lots of high end TCs, but this is the best. You can get it from Rainbow Connection UK. I think this would be fab for children. The RC site has good product detail, including ingredients, on it and some reviews.

I use the a Konad stamping polish on the kiddy winkles. It comes in some really bright colours and it dries ridiculously quickly :wink2:

Latest posts

Back