Help with lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
Hi, I thought I was doing really well with having no clients that have had any lifting but recently I've had a lot that have had it around the side walls mainly and one has just messaged me to say all her nails except 1 has come off, I did her nails around 18 days ago though but still they shouldn't have come off, I'm really starting to be put off doing nails now :/

I'm always meticulous about cuticle work and spend ages making sure It's all off and around the side walls, and I'm always careful not to get acrylic too close to the epynicium and side walls and angle my brush so I can press the bead onto the nail firmly near the cuticles, and i dont think im working too wet, please help What am I doing wrong? Xx

Last edited:
Hi do u use nail fresh and prima? I found I had lifting until I used these products. I now only get lifting if I do touch the skin at all( mainly when I'm doing my own nails with had I don't write with !) it's really frustrating especially when you want a simple rebalance and you end up having to remove nails. Hope this helps xx

Hi do u use nail fresh and prima? I found I had lifting until I used these products. I now only get lifting if I do touch the skin at all( mainly when I'm doing my own nails with had I don't write with !) it's really frustrating especially when you want a simple rebalance and you end up having to remove nails. Hope this helps xx

Hi, thank you for replying, I'm using the nsi attraction system so I'm using their nail pure plus and the primer, I've been using the cnd cuticle away for prep though as I find its the best product to remove the cuticle, I make sure I deactivate it with water before I do anything else though xx

Would you be able to post a picture of a recent set you did prior to them lifting?

I'm not sure how clear these images are, the ones that fell off are the painted ones the others had lifting around the sides x

Attachments

• 1408915988036.jpg
    1408915988036.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 561
  • 1408915997900.jpg
    1408915997900.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 563
Ok in both pics looking at the thumbs the tips appear too small, there's a sizeable gap between the tip and the free edge, so there's no product there applied to the nail meaning the strength of the product isn't spread evenly. Also were the natural nails very short?

With the pic of the glitter tips it's hard to see much detail but it does look on a couple of nails that the product is touching the side walls but hard to be sure :-/

Ok in both pics looking at the thumbs the tips appear too small, there's a sizeable gap between the tip and the free edge, so there's no product there applied to the nail meaning the strength of the product isn't spread evenly. Also were the natural nails very short?

With the pic of the glitter tips it's hard to see much detail but it does look on a couple of nails that the product is touching the side walls but hard to be sure :-/

Yes both sets had reasonably short nails, should I try a bigger tip? The glitter tips make my eyes blurry if I zoom in, I shall try remember to take before pics and zoomed in versions for better detail lol. X

Is this any better for detail? I did these a week ago, not heard anything back yet including a infill appointment so I'm thinking the worse with these too :/

Attachments

• 1408917847138.jpg
    1408917847138.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 529
Definitely use a larger tip, you want the sides of the tip to be flush with the sides of the nail, you can always file the shape in afterwards.

When takings pics for critique it's useful to take one of a whole set, then choose one nail and take one from the side, one from the top and one down the barrel, it gives a good all round view :)

I agree with pure.... the tips dont look the right size i always tend to go a size bigger and file it slightly smaller if i need to to.make sure it fits flush with side wall esp in nail bitters or small nails... and when applying the acrylic make sure u remember n pinch ur clients finger to take side walls bk abit to giv urself more area on nail.to work with.... also for lifting problems try double coating with attraction primmer. Put on a coat let dry then apply again... this helps me with problematic lifters ie nail bitters xx hth x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is this any better for detail? I did these a week ago, not heard anything back yet including a infill appointment so I'm thinking the worse with these too :/

Can't see anything obvious wrong with these - they look good! Hopefully she'll come back with all 10 intact :)

Can't see anything obvious wrong with these - they look good! Hopefully she'll come back with all 10 intact :)

Hopefully, maybe my issues are with the people and not my application. I've had one tell me she frequently puts her hands in the fish tank :eek: and another whose a hairdresser who didn't come back, wasn't expecting either of them to come back as they usually go to a mma salon so are more used to being heavy handed without getting the lifting... just a shame their natural nails are ruined underneath! :(

Can i ask what grit nail file you buff the shine off the nail plate with? I've been using the green sand turtle to reduce damage to the nail plate, maybe this isn't enough? Just a thought x

Arghhhh I did some nails on Friday and she's lost one already. I must be doing something wrong :(

Can i ask what grit nail file you buff the shine off the nail plate with? I've been using the green sand turtle to reduce damage to the nail plate, maybe this isn't enough? Just a thought x

I use a 180 grit file with all my extension work and never had a problem... think a sand turtle in my opinion is a buffer for smothing. When doing acrylic / gel u need to roughen up the nail in order for the product to have something to grip onto. Xx hth x

I use a 180 grit file with all my extension work and never had a problem... think a sand turtle in my opinion is a buffer for smothing. When doing acrylic / gel u need to roughen up the nail in order for the product to have something to grip onto. Xx hth x

Yes it does help Thank you, I my tutor said it was okay to use a sand turtle, I've done an acrylic overlay on my own nails tonight and used a 180 grit file, all being well the lifting will be to a minimum or back to none at all, at least on my left hand anyway lol xc

You should never use rougher than a 240 grit file on the natural nail. It isnt necessary and is too samaging

You should never use rougher than a 240 grit file on the natural nail. It isnt necessary and is too samaging

I was taught to use a 180. I normally use a white block though and no problems.

This is what I thought blossom. I'm worried about damaging clients nails. I was told I could use a 180 or a sand turtle when training, I opted for the sand turtle to reduce damage. Having just done some research on the nsi website, they say to use a 180 grit file on the natural nail plate to remove the shine, so now I'm even more confused :/

Latest posts

Back