Help with maximist settings required.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem81

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope someone can offer a bit of advice. I'm having a headache with my maximist.

basically I'm still using it with the settings it was on when it came out of the box. I'm too scared to fiddle as it's working now and I dont want to wreck things completely but things aren't good as they are.

My issue is that it seems to be running rich. When I turn the knob about one/two full turns the solution is flowing through thick and fast yet I'm only pulling the trigger one or two milimeters. I feel that I don't have enough control over the flow. It would be helpful if the trigger had more give and I could control the thickness of the spray that way. As it is I'm using way too much solution and the overspray is horrendous.

Any advice anyone please?! Thanks in advance!!

Hiya, I have a Maximist hvlp 5008. If it's the same (I only did my training Monday so fresh in my mind) from tight it should only be turned about a 1/4 if that makes sense. I'm sure someone will come along and explain that better!
Rhiannon x

The best way to do it, is tighten up completely again and put a blob of nail varnish at 12 oclock, then turn the nozzle to about 8 oclock.
My gun works great on this setting. Then if it still runs rather than going on nice turn it to 9 oclock, Find the right setting and you will only use a small amount of solutions

hope this makes sense

hi yes thats what i did turned it all the way off then put a stripe of nail varnish at 12 oclock then turned it anticlockwise to 8 but still used alot of solution so turned it to 9oclock and works fine i use brownbitz solution so does also depend on what solution you use. a lady on here told me to use the tissue test get some bed roll spray the solution on if it Doesnt soak through and Doesnt make the tissue all wrinkly then its perfect setting for you solution. check this every spray tan as the little dial can get moved very easily causeing you to use more solution so i check mine everytime i tan a client and also this is a good way to show your client the gun is working etc. as i have had clients who have had tans all over to come out the tent and say they cant see the tan. lol purely because they have no white bits lol lol.xx so i do the tissue test infront of them so they can see the solution is running through the gun.xx

hi yes thats what i did turned it all the way off then put a stripe of nail varnish at 12 oclock then turned it anticlockwise to 8 but still used alot of solution so turned it to 9oclock and works fine i use brownbitz solution so does also depend on what solution you use. a lady on here told me to use the tissue test get some bed roll spray the solution on if it Doesnt soak through and Doesnt make the tissue all wrinkly then its perfect setting for you solution. check this every spray tan as the little dial can get moved very easily causeing you to use more solution so i check mine everytime i tan a client and also this is a good way to show your client the gun is working etc. as i have had clients who have had tans all over to come out the tent and say they cant see the tan. lol purely because they have no white bits lol lol.xx so i do the tissue test infront of them so they can see the solution is running through the gun.xx

Hi,

I do this everytime to make sure my gun is set up properly! it is the best way to test it! if you can see a colour guide on the tissue but its not seeping through the back of it, you know its perfect for the skin.

HTH

Betsy.

I have mine set to 9pm but dial it down to 8pm or so if im using Organics because of the texture. I also do the couch roll test everytime, which is good because once I forgot to put the dial back to 9pm after I was cleaning the gun through I pulled the trigger and it all came gushing out... thankfully on the couch roll not the client :o

Latest posts

Back